Mellykat's Blog!

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Blue Lake and My First S'more!

What a busy day! It started out as a visit to Cindy's place while she was having her garage sale. Then we (Carter, Cooper and I) went to Mom & Dad's because they're such close neighbours to Cindy's place. Chris worked until noon and went fishing somewhere with the guys from work. We came home at lunch and the boys had a nap. I bought a new printer to replace my dead one, and the new one is pretty much crap. Yeah, it's new, but the print margins are very restrictive. Yes, I'm bitter. But I vented about that enough today.

After naptime I got the boys and myself ready and we went to visit Cindy and the gang that were camping at Blue Lake Provincial Park. Mom & Dad were going there too so we all met up there. Carter went swimming! (Yes, Carter...the child who frrrreaks when I try to wash his hair or face in the tub.) We had a fantastic supper of fresh fish, steaks, fried potatoes with mushrooms and onions, grilled asparagus and grilled snap peas. And if you can believe it, I had my very first S'MORE!


Many may find that hard to believe. I've gone camping a kajillion times in my life and have never tried s'mores. And they're pretty good too! Will have to add that to my camping grocery list for the summer!

We visited for a while after supper and s'mores and I brought the boys home. I thought Carter would be completely wiped out but he's still up watching a movie and it's almost 11:00! Cooper's snug as a bug in his bed, and I've got some work to do on the new crapola printer before I go to bed.

Hopefully tomorrow will be another beautiful day and we can do something fun outside again.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home