Mellykat's Blog!

Thursday, December 27, 2007

It's Just Around the Corner...

Amid the madness of the household (I'm still off and home with the boys)...I made these 2008 calendar grids. They might just come in handy for your desktop calendars or maybe in a layout.

Each file is transparent and in .png format (without the white backing), with and without the months on them (in case you want to use a different font).

Click the image and they're all yours!

Edited to add: Click HERE if the download doesn't work by clicking the image.


Christmas came and went. Santa came and deposited a big pile of presents in the living room. Chris's brother Jason and their Dad came over at eight on Christmas morning to open presents with us. I took this stop-motion video of the gift opening. Pretty chaotic! After breakfast, I made a big breakfast of cheesy scrambled eggs, bacon, hash browns and toast. The boys were pretty thrilled with all their loot. Cooper first opened a little tiny toy truck from Uncle Jason and was perfectly happy with playing with it. I had to talk him into opening more presents. I've made a mental note to ask Santa not to bring so much stuff next year!



The kids played with their new toys and everyone napped. We got up and ready to go to my Mom and Dad's house for supper. Mom had her usual massive table that seated the whole fam-damily. We're talking about thirty people sitting at the table. The feast was impressive as per usual, and everyone had to sit back and bloat for awhile before dessert.

A bunch of us (My Mom, Aunts Josie and Lurdes, cousin Kelly and her Aunt Pat) played Taboo and that was hilarious. One of Cindy's girls wasn't feeling well; their family seems to be passing around a 24-hour gastrointestinal bug. I'm just praying it doesn't get us too. Which still causes me to wonder what made Carter throw up today. It was a fairly early evening and we came home. The kids seem to be going to bed later and later these days but it's a bit of a bonus to sleep in a little since I don't have to get up and go anywhere.

Yesterday I did some Boxing Day shopping at Wal-Mart. I looked at all the special deals they had going on and was very tempted to load up on stuff when I realized it was all stuff we don't really need. So it ended up being a grocery run, much of it was half-price. Mom invited us to come over for leftovers so after the boys' naps we headed over (across the lake again - what a great shortcut!) Auntie Lurdes and Uncle Cliff were there too and we stuffed ourselves and visited for awhile. The boys cavorted for a long time after we got home.

This morning I woke up feeling like crrrrrrrrrapppppp. My head was so congested I had a terrible sinus headache. My nose was a disgusting encrusted mess. Just when I think this cold is easing up, it's like I wake up with a brand new one. I'm really sick of being sick. Five weeks is way too long. I've never had a cold like this before. Today was the kind of day I get tempted to go to the doctor. Even if they're just going to tell me I have a cold and to go drink plenty of fluids blah blah blah. I just want it to go away!

I tried to do a little tidying today but with two crazy boys running around (and peeing on the couch and puking on my duvet and colouring pretty much everything with markers except for the paper I gave them) it wasn't easy. I took some Tylenol Sinus which started to help after about an hour. I was forced to do laundry due to Carter's spontaneous barfing episode...I had taken the two duvets off my bed and put them aside in the boys' room so I could tidy up my room. And that's where Carter decided to spew forth his cinnamon toast. Ugh. I sure hope I found all of it. It prompted me to do a couple loads of laundry, which I guess turned out to be a good thing.

Chris isn't home from work yet; he stayed to install the stereo that Santa gave him for his truck. The boys ate a few spoonfuls of soup that Mom made. I made a meal of it and enjoyed it again. Since the boys didn't nap this afternoon, they got a little sleepy at supper time. I bribed with candy to keep them awake. So I'm pretty sure bedtime won't be too long now. Or so I hope.

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Scrapmuch said...

hope the bug has escaped you - sorry about the laundry!

thanks so much for the calendars - so cute! What font did you use for the months in the promo? Love it!

Thursday, December 27, 2007 7:24:00 p.m.  
Blogger Ernie said...

Geez lady... you always have so much going on! Haven't been for awhile, but thought I'd check in. Sounds (and looks) like you had a great Christmas. Hope you start feeling better soon. Sinus infections are the pits. Try to avoid that. :)

Thursday, December 27, 2007 10:24:00 p.m.  
Blogger JillSF said...

Thanks for these calendar templates - I haven never done a calendar and these look so easy to use. Thanks a lot and have a happy new year.

Friday, December 28, 2007 4:08:00 a.m.  
Blogger Érica said...

Thanks so much for these calendars.

Friday, December 28, 2007 6:24:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Help, Cant seem to Dl these.

Friday, December 28, 2007 11:48:00 a.m.  
Blogger Helen said...

You are so funny Melly...that video is hysterical!

Sunday, December 30, 2007 3:01:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love it! thank u very much!

Monday, December 31, 2007 6:26:00 a.m.  
Blogger lwlittlebit said...

Thanks so much!

Monday, December 31, 2007 9:03:00 a.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing! And happy New Year!

Monday, December 31, 2007 10:20:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the great calendars!!! Hope you have a great New Years!!! BettyJoR

Monday, December 31, 2007 4:08:00 p.m.  
Blogger Brooke - in Oregon said...

Happy NEW YEAR!!

Thanks for these Calendars :)

Monday, December 31, 2007 4:22:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so much! Happy new year to you.

Tuesday, January 01, 2008 11:11:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home