Mellykat's Blog!

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Get Busy Blogging or Get Busy Sleeping

Dangit I'm slacking off in the blogging department again. I've thought about blogging all week but the call of my pillow is louder than the call of the blog. I've gone to bed early most of the week. I've worked on a couple cool projects: Wedding invitations, reply cards and envelopes, posters for curling bonspiels and some thank you cards. Which means I haven't done any scrapbooking.

Monday night Mom and Kelly and I went to Bingo. No winnings. Ugh. Tuesday Kelly brought to my desk this EXQUISITE cheesecake pie:


It wasn't even a drive-by; she walked it over. I put a HUGE post-it note on it stating that it was MY cheesecake and DON'T TOUCH. Thankfully everyone heeded my warning and it was completely intact when I brought it home. We had a couple office birthdays this week, so there was no shortage of cake for everyone.

Chris worked on his truck most evenings this week. Since the time change last weekend Carter had a couple REALLY early bedtimes. Early as in six-thirty! I tried so hard to wake him but he was very unconscious. He woke briefly around nine-thirty but went right back to sleep for the night. The only problem with the earlier bedtimes (I got him to stay up 'til at least 8 the rest of the week) is the early rising in the morning. So early that Chris has had to deal with them a bit in the morning. Tee hee. I can hear what's going on but I try to get a little more sleep. Then when Chris leaves I pretty much have to get out of bed because the little turkeys work together to get into stuff.

One morning Carter had moved his recliner over to the entertainment unit and grabbed the candy bowl leftover from Halloween. There were a few wrappers strewn about and they both had a sucker in each hand. Yikes. So I've had some early mornings this week. One day I actually walked the boys to the sitter's house in the stroller. It's not easy pushing seventy pounds' worth of children in that thing anymore. The tires could use some air too. I ended up walking home to pick up the Jeep and driving to Tim Horton's before going to work.

Thursday evening Chris actually spent most of in the house. I made a nice supper of stuffed pork tenderloin, corn and long grain and wild rice. For dessert we finished off the cheesecake pie; I had been hoarding it but we finished it.

Last night Kelly had a Bingo date with a bunch of girls and I ended up joining them. We were having a great time as usual, though apparently our laughter was annoying some of the other Bingo players, who were rudely shushing us and muttering phrases like shut up. If they had nicely asked us to keep it down I totally would have respected that and kept it to a dull roar but since they were rude I was just miffed. It was like we were being admonished for having fun. Hmph. Despite all the fun we didn't win anything, but it was close so many times.

Today was a fun quiet day with the boys. I bought the movie Ratatouille the other night and we watched it a couple times. Cute movie. Chris worked until noon then came home and I took off downtown. I picked up some cardstock to finish off the wedding project for Kelly's niece I was working on. It's all done, and very pretty. I did a run for a FVC on the way home, which took longer to wait in the drive-thru than it did to go to the stationery store.

I came home and Chris went outside to the garage to work on the truck again. He came in by supper time and was totally filthy and he needed to go back out to finish up but he really needed to go to the bathroom. Since he was so dirty he didn't want to 'handle' himself, so he asked for my help. Obviously I don't own a penis, which made the situation hilarious, but I managed to help without making a mess. I know...TOO MUCH INFORMATION...but it was so very funny.


After Chris finished working on the truck and got himself all cleaned up, we had pizza for supper...a Chicken Italiano pizza from Pizza Hut. It was awesome, aside from the green peppers I picked off. We had Caesar salad too. Good stuff.

We had a fun evening; Chris and the boys wrestled and we all watched Ratatouille AGAIN. I was going to give it to Carter for Christmas but I don't think I'll be able to hide it now since it's become so popular around here.

Everyone fell asleep awhile ago, and I was playing around in Photoshop and I made these glass gems. It's been a forever since I made a new freebie, so here we go! There are nine gems, each in a separate PNG file.

Just click the image to start the download and ENJOY!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

What an interesting post. I'll be sure and send Mark over to read it.

I'm not sure what he'll say, but I'm sure there'll be something!

I've got to run to a business meeting at church (yuck). Hopefully, I'll be home some tonight--and be online and we can talk. . .BEFORE DH, of course!

Sunday, November 11, 2007 2:20:00 p.m.  
Blogger Helen said...

oh yum! I want some.....

Sunday, November 11, 2007 11:50:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home