Mellykat's Blog!

Saturday, May 12, 2007

Holy Crap!

Cooper pooped on the potty today! Just seventeen months old and he did it! He started making the "I gotta poop" face so I acted quickly and undiapered him and put him on the potty. It took awhile but he eventually had a ginormous poop! Sorry for all the gruesome details but emptying a potty is way more pleasant than using 28375682345 wipes and wrapping up a poopy diaper!

Today I have had a headache all day. My sinuses have been all wonky but I don't feel like I have a cold. Please don't let it be allergies...I've almost never been allergic to anything; I only broke into hives once after playing with those yellow and black fuzzy caterpillars when I was really little. I just took some Tylenol a few minutes ago so hopefully it will work it's magic quickly.

After my Grandma passed away last year, when Cooper was just two months old, I went to her house with my Dad. Most of her things had been sorted and much of the family had chosen some keepsakes. I hadn't, since over the years Grandma gave me some things that I treasure even more since they were gifts from her. But as I looked in her sewing box, I found this beautiful bracelet:

Grandpa used to have a rock tumbler so I'm betting that he and Grandma made this bracelet. I wear it from time to time but I'm so careful not to let my boys near it and I fear losing it. Soooooooo I scanned it ages ago and was going to try to base a kit around it but instead I recoloured it a few times for variety and thought I'd offer it up as a freebie. You can click on the package below to start the download.

Here's the bonus...I will enter the blog comments (here) or forum comments (from my post where you received the link to come here) between now and Monday night in a draw for a five dollar gift certificate at Butternug Squash Designs. Please be sure to leave a link back to your blog or your email address so I can contact you to send you the gift certificate!


I finally dyed my hair this evening so tomorrow I'll just have to iron it. Cooper went to sleep just a few minutes ago but Carter is still going strong playing games on the other computer. Chris is nearly snoring on the other couch. My headache seems to be lifting. I might even be able to stay up late enough to watch Mad TV and/or Saturday Night Live tonight!

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I love this unique element! Thanks so very much!

Saturday, May 12, 2007 11:34:00 p.m.  
Blogger Ernie said...

Why do women do things like iron their hair? :)

Sunday, May 13, 2007 12:09:00 a.m.  
Blogger justrenae said...

Thank you so much for your wonderful elements and for the story behind them!

Happy Mother's Day!

Renae

Sunday, May 13, 2007 1:20:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are beautiful; thanks for sharing your treasures! Happy Mother's Day!

Sunday, May 13, 2007 4:43:00 a.m.  
Blogger Muka said...

these are so unique and pretty :) thank you so much!

Sunday, May 13, 2007 12:03:00 p.m.  
Blogger Sindiego said...

What a fabulous idea. The bracelets are gorgeous and the story behind it is so sweet. Thanks for sharing both with us. Hope you have a wonderuful Mother's Day. :)

Sunday, May 13, 2007 12:20:00 p.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

What a beautiful bracelet! Thank you so much for the embellishments, I already have the perfect place for them! Thanks!

Sunday, May 13, 2007 2:50:00 p.m.  
Blogger Sara said...

This is gorgeous!!! Thanks!!!
keling@logic.bm

Sunday, May 13, 2007 3:23:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that you created this from your grandmother's bracelet. What a wonderful sentiment! I think you should continue with your idea of doing an entire kit. What a wonderful gesture! :) Thanks for sharing! Tana (mommatder@gmail.com)

Sunday, May 13, 2007 5:39:00 p.m.  
Blogger Helen said...

WOW Melly...not bad work for a bad headache...hope that goes way real soon. What a beautiful tribute to your Grandma....thanks Melly! WTG Cooper....now for a repeat performance! Unbelievable...can you have a chat to your Aussie girlfriend please Cooper!

Sunday, May 13, 2007 7:30:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so much Melly, I love the story behind the bracelet, thanks so much for sharing!!

Sunday, May 13, 2007 8:55:00 p.m.  
Blogger Lisa said...

Thanks for sharing the download! Very creative! ...and congrats on the potty training! DS is nearly 3 years old and it's STILL a HUGE struggle!!

Monday, May 14, 2007 12:05:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing this fabulous element, as well as the story of your inspiration.

Monday, May 14, 2007 2:26:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home