Mellykat's Blog!

Sunday, April 22, 2007

A Fun-Filled Family Weekend

This morning Carter must have been up way before I was...I got up and found him sleeping on the couch. Chris was asleep on the other one. As part of my attempt to modify the boys' sleep schedule, I went to get Cooper up at about 7:30. During the week, that's the latest time the boys should get up so that I have time to feed and dress them.

I made the boys pancakes and they all chowed it down. I didn't feel like having any, but about an hour later I made Kraft Dinner. For breakfast. Weird. Chris went to Tim Horton's and I got my FVC. He took Carter for a ride out to Cindy's house. Cooper took an early nap and while he slept I did this page of him...you can click it to enlarge it and click HERE for credits.

I decided to capitalize further on his sleep time by attempting a nap myself. It worked, however briefly. Long enough to drool so I must have slept hard. I got up, still before Cooper did, and got ready. We had planned to take Carter bowling today and leave Cooper with Kelly for awhile, but when I tried to call the bowling alley I didn't get an answer. In the meantime, Cindy called to invite us for supper. Since Chris and Carter were already there, Chris left Carter there and came to pick up Coopy and me.

Everyone was playing outside because it was a GORGEOUS day today. Plenty of riding on the four-wheelers, looking for frogs in the lake, running wildly through the fields. I took this awesome picture of Carter on the four-wheeler. I accidentally left the black and white setting on from yesterday, but I was still pleased with it anyway. I was sooooooooo impressed that he was going for rides on the four-wheeler since he used to be so afraid of anything that made noise. I guess my boy is growing up!

Can you just FEEL the attitude oozing out of this picture!?

It was very fun and refreshing. I even took Cooper for a little ride and he seemed to love it. We had an early (and deeeeeeeeelicious) supper. Cindy made two big chickens with an awesome vegetable medley (stir-fried zucchini, asparagus, shredded carrots, broccoli), mashed potatoes and gravy, and stuffing. It was awesome. Everyone went back outside and visited in the beautiful sunshine. Carter hadn't napped since he was so busy playing with his cousins all day. Cooper wanted to do what all the big kids were doing. Pretty soon.

Carter fell asleep on the way home just a couple moments after we left. I fully expected him to zonk quickly since he hadn't napped and he was so busy all day. Cooper fell asleep too. We got home with enough time for me to bath and watch Desperate Housewives. Poor crazy old Mrs. McCluskey!

Christy had called me when I was in the tub so I called her back. We chatted for awhile and it was great to catch up. And on their family vacation this summer, if all goes well, she might COME HERE TO VISIT!!! That would be sooooooo awesome. I can't wait.

So as I was sitting here, catching up on all my forum and CT stuff, (Christy has a new kit coming out this week!), Chris woke up from snoozing on the couch and I could hear something outside. I still don't know what I heard, but it made me look out the window, and at that very moment, there was a deer walking down the street in front of my house! Poor thing looked pretty lost. I saw her go down the street then shortly after she came back up the street. Then I saw another one not far behind...I could tell it wasn't the same one since it was much smaller. It's not uncommon for animals to wander into town, but usually just where people's properties border on the town limits or by a park. I live smack in the middle of town. We heard a couple honks as cars tried to get past them on the busier street not far from our house. I keep peeking out in case they're still roaming around out there.

So now it's almost 12:30 and I'm gonna drag my butt to bed so I'm not a zombie at work tomorrow. But not before I post a couple more pictures from the day.
Carter riding with Dominic

Carter riding with me

Coopy just being sweet little Coopy.
(I neglected to get someone to take a picture of him riding with me on the four-wheeler.)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been meaning to tell you that I totally love the new header, you are so pretty, but the header shows you looking serene and beautiful... you look blessed.
the pic of you on the ATV is pretty cool , you biker chick you

Monday, April 23, 2007 8:10:00 a.m.  
Blogger Helen said...

Hello my friend...how are you? I agree with Beth...serene is the perfect word to describe you on your header. Great blog girlfriend...I am currently at work with Den...great being the bosses wife - getting to scrap and work! Love the new LOs - your boys are so handsome. Sounds like you had a super weekend love the pics - what a great outdoor life your boys have. The vegie medly sounds yum-oh! Drop me a line some time! Take care Melly

Monday, April 23, 2007 7:35:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home