Mellykat's Blog!

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Sweet Family Saturday

Upon a close investigation, it seems little Mr. Cooper is getting a new tooth. I hope I can attribute his recent grumpiness to that alone. I did manage to cuddle him to sleep last night in my room and Carter crawled in our bed too. We three fell asleep, though Cooper is mighty fidgety and fussy when he goes to sleep. Within a couple hours I took him to his own bed and I went back to bed.

When Chris woke up from sleeping on the couch, he didn't want to disturb Carter and have him get up again, so he went to sleep in Carter's room in the tent. This morning when Chris's alarm sounded I went to the tent to wake him for work.

The boys and I had a good morning, and an early nap. I'm hoping to make wake times and nap times earlier so that bedtimes will follow suit. Ever since the time change they've been going to bed so late. Carter didn't nap but Cooper did. When Chris came home we all hung out for awhile and after Cooper napped I started to get my butt in gear so we could go do something. I was hoping to take Carter bowling and maybe for a haircut but we got ready a bit late for all that and we'll hopefully go bowling tomorrow afternoon.

So we did actually go for a cruise downtown but none of the hair shops were open. Carter fell asleep in our travels and I took Cooper into Wal-Mart for a few things. We came home and Carter woke up. Chris stayed outside with Carter and I took Cooper in the house so I could do some much-needed fly-ladying around the kitchen. It's been AGES since I made my kitchen sink shine. Since it was still nice out I took Cooper outside to play with Chris and Carter and I had the house to myself with no little people underfoot. I put on my running shoes and started with the kitchen sink. But I had to empty it first. No, first it was emptying the dishwasher.

I ended up chucking out a whole bunch of baby bottles and sippy cups that have been chewed to bits by Carter. The kitchen was starting to look pretty decent when it started to rain and the boys came back in. We watched Ice Age a few more times before Cooper fell asleep. Chris went out to get us a snack at Dairy Queen. Oddly enough we didn't get ice cream though I've been thinking about my favourite Reese Peanut Butter Cup Blizzards lately with the weather getting so nice. We had some onion rings and Carter and Chris had burgers.

Carter was up very late as usual but eventually zonked on the couch beside the computer. You should see this kid on the computer. I mean, he's been on it by himself for almost two years already - pretty soon he and Cooper will be battling for turns on it, I'm sure.

I haven't done ANY scrapbooking or anything at all on the computer lately. No chatting, no scrapbooking, no creating anything. All I do is check my email a couple times a day lately. Which means I'm doing more stuff with my boys so that is a very good thing. I'm off to bed now - can't keep my eyes open any longer to watch TV so I'm outta here.

2 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

Oh my goodness. . .what fun! Yummmmmmmm onion rings (said in that Homer Simpson voice).

Hopefully, I'll be able to get on the laptop tonight. It's been farrrrrrrr too long since we've chatted, my friend!

Sunday, April 22, 2007 1:57:00 p.m.  
Blogger Helen said...

I am glad to hear you are enjoying more time with your boys. I miss hearing from you. Have a good week Melly ;)

Sunday, April 22, 2007 3:47:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home