Mellykat's Blog!

Monday, April 09, 2007

Up to the Altar

The day started with the jingle of jelly beans inside plastic eggs. I heard Carter find the first egg just outside his tent. Then another, with little gasps of glee in between. And another.

We got up to watch him go. It was so cute. The eggs were everywhere and he was so dang excited! He didn't even notice (or need to) that there was a big basket of stuff on top of the TV stand. Glow sticks, squishy spiky balls, a ton of jelly beans...

Of course Cooper got up in all the excitement too. The boys had quite the breakfast of jelly beans before I actually managed to get them all dressed and handsome for church. We picked up Kelly on the way and we made it with minutes to spare. We sat with Mom and Dad and both boys were very good. When it was time for the Lord's prayer, the priest called all the kids up to the altar. Surprisingly, Carter went for it. But he didn't stand still - he kind of hopped around up there - I wish I had my camera.

The rest of the mass went without incident and we all headed for breakfast. Both boys ate a little breakfast and were behaved at the restaurant too. Must have been my lucky day! I can definitely attribute a lot of it to having both Kelly and my Mom at both places to help wrangle (and distract) the kids.

We came home and had a pretty lazy afternoon. I had to toast the noodles and almonds for the oriental salad I was bringing to Cindy's house for supper, then I had high hopes for a nap. Chris left early to go fishing at Cindy's and dropped off some salad stuff for Kelly too since I had a ton of it and made a double recipe of the dressing. Carter had no interest in napping, especially with all the candy in the house. Cooper woke up shortly after so I started getting everything ready to go for Easter dinner.

Easter dinner was fabulous. So many choices of salads and main dishes. It was awesome. Uncle Cliff & Auntie Lurdes, Uncle Bob, Auntie Josie and Uncle Bob's Mom, Cindy and all her family, Mom and Dad and all of us were there. We had a great visit and everyone was pretty much just sitting still and groaning after dessert. Since Chris and I went there in separate vehicles, Chris took Carter home in his and I took Cooper home. Cooper fell asleep on the way home and I'd hoped he'd stay down, but nope. He was up and going strong for a loooooong time. I discovered that the phone had been off the hook for four hours and twenty minutes while we were gone...Cooper was playing with it before we left and apparently left it on talk. Oops. That happens quite a bit but not usually for so long! Fortunately Cooper was playing with the remote control and turned the channel to "Desperate Housewives" because it was a new episode. Too bad I missed half of it, but if it weren't for him I'd have missed all of it!

This morning Chris had to work but I didn't. Carter's main goal for the day was to score some more candy. I actually managed to curb the candy consumption. Both kids ate pretty well today, except there are still bits and crumbs of hard boiled eggs all over the place. I gotta vacuum AGAIN. Supper consisted of leftovers and grilled cheese sandwiches. I got a couple scrapbook pages done between yesterday and today using Christy's new "Spring Lad" kit at Butternug Squash Designs and joined in another of Kim Hill's chats at Scrapbook Elements. Those are always fun and I actually completed the challenge this time!

Now it's getting late and I didn't accomplish nearly what I needed to this weekend, including dying my hair. Hopefully tomorrow will go smoothly at work and at home in the evening so I can tackle a few more projects!

4 Comments:

Blogger Ernie said...

Melly, Just reading your blog makes me tired! LOL (And I thought I've been busy the last couple weeks...)

I don't know how you do it... all your scrapping, site hopping, everything else, and a real job too. Anyway, just thought I'd drop in to say hi. HI!

(btw, your kids are beatiful!)

E :)

Tuesday, April 10, 2007 12:04:00 a.m.  
Blogger Helen said...

Easter dinner must have been great....no menu details? How disappointing. I LOVE grilled or as we say "toasted" cheese sangers! Yummy! Gorgeous colour tones on LOs and just right for Cooper! Take care Melly!

Tuesday, April 10, 2007 5:09:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks again for the cuuute page of my guys.... and that layout of Cooper is just precious! Glad you had a good Easter!

Tuesday, April 10, 2007 9:43:00 a.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

You rock the digi-scrapping world, my friend!

I've got to get my SL layout done. If you'd stop talking to me so much. . . I might be able to get it done! (puppy!)

Tuesday, April 10, 2007 11:41:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home