Mellykat's Blog!

Saturday, March 24, 2007

Two Reasons It Sucks To Be Me Today

1) We didn't win Bingo tonight.

2) Apparently I have Shingles.

All week I've had some itchy spots on my back. I've tried not to scratch but I'm the biggest freaking itching freak ever. It has turned into a blazing ring of fire around to the front of me on my right side.

Doc gave me three different prescriptions and a note for work to be off for the week since I could be contagious to little ones who haven't had the chicken pox yet. (i.e. my own children...OY)

I just took my first meds including some sort of antihistamine that will help me sleep. Yum.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Melly, I feel for you, I really do! Morgan had shingles a couple of years ago at school, and it was not fun for him at all. I hope all of your drugs help, and that it gets better soon!

Sunday, March 25, 2007 7:21:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I SO hope the drugs are working... feel better!

Sunday, March 25, 2007 5:20:00 p.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

It was good to talk to you - even if you were too drugged up to remember that I called you.

Mark says that he wants me to get a "canada" long distance card. . .soon!

Love you - sorry it sucks to be you right now.

Sunday, March 25, 2007 10:37:00 p.m.  
Blogger Helen said...

Oh Melly....you poor thing :( Now is this the stress related shingles? You really need to slow down girl. Take some time out for you...take care and sending you some wonderful autumn sunshine from downunder. Thinking of you!

Sunday, March 25, 2007 10:45:00 p.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

One reason it sucks to be Melly's blog. . . you don't get updated often.

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha,sigh, hahahahahahahahahahaha!

Tuesday, March 27, 2007 3:54:00 p.m.  
Blogger Kat said...

Youch, I've had shingles before, not fun. Diagnosed them fast, got the meds soon, and they went away pretty quick. Hope it works the same for you!

Sunday, April 01, 2007 9:42:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home