Mellykat's Blog!

Monday, March 19, 2007

Cheerios, Church and Chilly!

First a BIG Happy Birthday to Auntie Josie!

Yesterday morning I sort of slept in but managed to get Cooper and myself ready on time (almost) to go to church. He was very good and spent most of the time shoveling in Cheerios. Kelly went too and he took turns visiting with each of us and my parents too.

After church we all went out for breakfast with Auntie Lurdes and Uncle Cliff, Uncle Bob and Auntie Josie. Cooper was good at the restaurant too. Auntie Josie gave him a piece of French toast and he was mildly interested in it. Then I dipped it in syrup and he was all over it. At first he mostly just sucked the syrup off it and kept dipping it in the saucer of syrup I gave him but he ended up eating most of it. Very cute. He managed to pop in another tooth over the weekend. Another bottom one and now that's eight of them. His look is changing with all those chompers filling in.

I squeezed in a long nap while the boys both slept in the afternoon. That was awesome. I actually woke up before they did and sneaked in a little time on the computer with nobody trying to take the mouse or pull the keyboard off my lap. Then we started getting a crrrrrrapload of snow. Any possible signs of spring have been obliterated once again. But driving got way funner again! hee.

For supper I tried something quasi-new. Pork tenderloin, but this time instead of cutting it into medallions and pan-frying them with seasoning, I left it whole and used the Victorian Epicure beef & steak rub and rubbed it all over then seared it in a frying pan and roasted it in the oven. It was very good. I made long grain & wild rice with mushrooms and peaches'n'cream corn. Yummmm.

Desperate Housewives was a rerun...a good one, but I can't wait 'til they put the new stuff back on. So we watched it and I chatted with Angie. I have no new scrap pages, but I did get on to a new scrap site...and it's Canadian! So it was fun to meet some new gals that live practically in my back yard! It's called Canadian Digital Scrappers Unite! I posted a couple new layouts there and made a new blinkie for the scrap sites I go to and a new blinkie for my blog:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Today I almost slept in. Luckily Chris was taking the day off and made sure I got up. A little later than I would have liked, but I got everything and everyone ready to go. It was bloody cold out and of course I wasn't dressed for it. But the boys were and I took them to the sitter. We were having a perfect morning behaviour-wise until we arrived at the sitter. And Carter changed his mind about which door he wanted to exit the Jeep from and proceeded to get a bit huffy. I left him there in all his crankiness and went to work.

Mondays always seem to be the busiest. The highways were closed because of the weather and a number of vehicle collisions. It reopened some time in the afternoon. I picked up the boys from work and came home. Chris had taken some walleye out of the freezer and I lightly breaded it and pan-fried it in butter. I made homemade French fries (again...but they are soooooo good) and we had peaches'n'cream corn again. Delicious. And plenty left for Chris's lunch tomorrow. The boys did a fairly good job of eating their supper.

After supper we figured nothing good would be on TV so we watched one of Carter's movies in the living room. He hasn't been watching any movies in his room for about a week. That seems to be a good thing. I did some chatting with my scrapping buddies and participated a little bit on a scrapbooking chat. Somewhere in there I dyed my roots (OMG they grow so quickly) and fed Cooper some cereal before bed. He and Carter both zonked out in the living room on the floor. I carried Cooper to bed and Carter got up on his own and retired to his tent. Now I'm fading fast and I'm going to bed so I don't sleep in again tomorrow.

And silly me, I didn't blow-dry my hair so I'll have extra work to do to it in the morning. I'm just scared to take the towel off my head in case I did a hideous job of colouring it. I had to buy a different brand since they didn't have my Nice'n'Easy #117. I'm outta here.

2 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

Very fun update, as always. Love the idea of the pork tenderloin. Yum.

Tuesday, March 20, 2007 1:16:00 p.m.  
Blogger Helen said...

WTG on the Canadian's united! (nice blinkie....clever chickie!). Now tell this snow deprived Aussie...what is "way funner" about driving home in snow?????

Wednesday, March 21, 2007 10:15:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home