Mellykat's Blog!

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Gettin' Springy Widdit

Today things actually started melting. That doesn't mean the temperature went above freezing, but it actually "warmed up" enough for the salt on the roads to actually work! Therefore the Jeep is a mucky filthy mess but if it means it's a slight sign of Spring, I'll take it! Speaking of Spring, can you believe we "spring forward" our clocks this weekend!?

It's been a busy week at work with Donna away but manageable. The girl who covered my maternity leave came in for a couple days to help out and it helps tons to have her there.

On Tuesday, Chris came home late from work. I started supper shortly before he came home and it was quick and easy. I did a quickie-defrost of a pork tenderloin...a little too quickie 'cause the edges started to cook in the microwave. I hate that! Microwaved meat = gross. But it wasn't too bad. I seasoned the meat and whipped up a batch of twice-baked potatoes with cheese and onions and real bacon bits and covered with cheese. Mmmmmmmmmm. I nuked some broccoli and cauliflower.

I stayed up way past my bedtime and suffered the consequences yesterday. I was sleepy but made it through the day just fine. Yesterday's supper was from Subway. I was so tired that I got Chris to pick it up. Last night I didn't do ANYthing on the computer. I was camping out in the tent with Carter by 9:00. I actually watched "Idol" and was totally ready for sleep after it, but humoured the new show "Wedding Bells" and passed out shortly after.

This morning my coffee angel Kelly brought me my French vanilla cappuccino and a bagel. Sweeeeeet. There was some sort of mixup with a meeting at our office and at lunchtime the caterers brought lunch for five people that was supposed to be cancelled. So a few of us stayed and had a nice little lunch. Soup and sandwiches, salad and dainties. It was great. I was treated to another FVC during afternoon coffee break, so that's probably why I'm still up. heehee. I stayed up scrapbooking and chatting with Angie, who, by the way, is the latest newest creative team member at Butternug Squash Designs! She's been promoting the site longer than I've been on the creative team but now that she's a more avid and confident digital scrapbooker, she went for it, and got on the team. Woohoo! I also stayed up to give her blog and my blog facelifts. I used Miss Mint's latest kit on mine, and Christy's Fruity Garden kit on Angie's. Fun stuff.

Tonight Chris came home and played outside with Carter for quite awhile since it was so mild out. He suggested barbecuing and I actually remembered to take some chicken breasts out of the freezer this morning! I found some marinade I had already made from before in the fridge, and did a quick marinade for the chicken. While Chris barbecued, I (again at Chris's request) made twice-baked potatoes again. The chicken was moist and delicious with great flavour from the marinade. Chris did a wonderful job at the barbecue; especially since he ran out of propane about half-way through and had to use one of the tanks from the camper!

The boys did a great job eating supper. I took a few pictures of Cooper (yes, it's been AGES since I posted any pics of the boys on here)...enjoying his mashed potatoes:




Little goofball...and look at all those little teeth he's showing off. He's still at five teeth but number six is just barely hiding in his gums. It should make it through any day. So obviously Mr. Potato Head needed a bath. Carter dove in for a swim too, and once I got Cooper all clean, I took him out so Carter could swim around a bit longer. He was being pretty funny, and actually let me take some pictures of him, but of course not without making an insanely crazy face. Then he let me take a nice one; I wish he'd smile like the latter one for pictures all the time!



So once I got both boys off to bed, I managed to actually get a scrapbook page done! Thanks to Angie for her encouragement; I've been in such a scrapbooking slump lately. It just seems like by the time the boys go to bed, I'm toast and even if I stay up I can't focus on a page long enough to get the details worked out enough to like it. I managed to finish this page that I started on the weekend. You can click on the image to enlarge it and see credits.


Well, it's suuuuuuuuuuper late. It's so late it's getting early. Yikes. I'm off to bed. Just gonna check email one more time...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a SEXY looking blog!!!

Thursday, March 08, 2007 11:25:00 p.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

I'm with Miss Mint! This is a sexy, sassy little blog!

heehee

Thursday, March 08, 2007 11:46:00 p.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

This is a great entry. Love the pics of Cooper in the high chair. . .Holy COW he's growing up!

Great layouts, by the way! And, as always, thank you for your limitless encouragement.

Friday, March 09, 2007 12:41:00 p.m.  
Blogger Helen said...

YEY! YEY! Now this is what I call bloggin! To give you your dues...don't know how you find the time with working and caring for a family. But where do I start on this fantastic blog....great new look...love it! Lot's of talk about food! Yum! Photos! YEY! Love to see the boys. Carter is so handsome! A new LO - aaawwwww. And finally, hooray for Angie....such wonderful news! Awesome. Christy does beautiful kits it would certainly be a privilege to use them. Lucky girls!

Friday, March 09, 2007 4:13:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home