Mellykat's Blog!

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

I'm Such a Winner

Bad blogger. Bad Bad Bad.

Well, Sunday night the news was on after the Oscars and I didn't make it to the Jimmy Kimmel show.

Monday it was good to get back to work and sort out my stuff from missing a day at the office on Friday. Kelly and I went out for a wonderful lunch. Monday night was hi-larious. At BSD (Butternug Squash Designs) we kind of had a reunion at the forum with a whole bunch of us. It was great. I stayed up late chatting it up with the girls and therefore neglecting my poor bloggie.

Yesterday was a gooder too. I went out for lunch with one of my girlfriends. We work in the same building and barely see each other. We keep saying "We should go for lunch one of these days." So we did. It was good to catch up! For supper I made the lunch special I had last week that I mentioned here...open-faced grilled chicken sandwich on garlic toast with Caesar dressing, bacon bits and melted cheese with a Caesar salad. It was pretty good! I chatted with Angie for awhile in the evening after everyone here went to sleep but I was fading fast and went to bed early.

Today ROCKED. It was a Seinfeldian type of day, where just like Jerry, everything evened out for me. I got up early enough to get us all ready and out the door, with time to run for an FVC after I dropped off the boys. I got to work and Tina brought me one too. That was the first bonus of the day.

I had to do month-end today; plenty of reports, deposits, ordering and balancing to do not to mention all the usual distractions of answering the phone every five seconds and duties of the day including immunization clinic and clients coming in to see the SLPs. Donna was going to teach me how to do a new specific task for audiology which she hadn't even done yet since she's off next week, and it turned out the patient it was going to be for cancelled. Sweet. That was the second bonus of the day.

I was just about to leave for lunch and a few of the girls were going out for lunch and asked if I wanted to join them. (Of course). I had to drop off lunch for Chris and the restaurant they chose was within spitting distance of Chris's shop. I arrived at the same time they did, since I got all green lights on my way. We had a nice lunch out. After we got back to the office, a call came through to me from someone that was out of town and was going to miss an appointment. She was on her way back, so I told them to come at a later time where there was an opening. Oops. Turns out there wasn't an opening. I neglected to put the lady through to the girl who does the booking, who had already filled the space. Crap. But as my day was going, the lady that she had booked in called to cancel. Evened out again. Bizarro.

I managed to get all my ordering done. Everything balanced, I prepared and delivered four bank deposits, did the petty cash reconciliation, submitted reports for all the programs I work in, and did a quick inventory of office supplies and submitted the monthly supply order. I prepared and delivered the mail. Donna remembered she owed me money for a purchase I made for her on eBay, so she gave me the money (and I had planned to go to Bingo tonight so that was handy!)

I had called Kelly and she said she couldn't make it to Bingo. That was a bummer, but Mom was feeling pretty good and still wanted to go so I was still on. Yay!!! On my way home with the boys, Kelly called and said she could go. Back on track again.

I came home and prepared supper for the boys and Chris came home. I left and picked up Mom and Kelly and we headed for Bingo. We had many close calls and it was getting a tiny bit discouraging when I won. Woohoo! Even after splitting the pot with Kelly, it was still a sweet victory! And I forgot to play the number 35 (my age) on the game where you get to pick your own numbers. Then in the very next game was when I won...on the number 35. Cool.

It was just that kind of day. Go with the flow. Awesome.

3 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

Well, I must apologize, because I hassled you on the BSD forum about your neglected blog. Forgive me.

I notice you didn't mention how MUCH money you won. Hee hee.

Hope to find you online tonight. I actually got some regular scrapping done today. . .it felt good.

Thursday, March 01, 2007 4:23:00 p.m.  
Blogger Helen said...

I thought you were hassling Angie about blogging and now she hassled you....what goes round hey! This blog is definitely worthy of a Seinfeld episode - onya Melly! Have a great weekend - Friday arvo here :)

Thursday, March 01, 2007 8:27:00 p.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

Okay, it's time. . .and it's time for me too. Time to update.

Do it now. . .before the festivities with your sister's birthday take over everything!

Miss talking with you.....

Saturday, March 03, 2007 10:51:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home