Mellykat's Blog!

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Oh Crap. A Shiner.

Our day went well at home today. I even got to have a delicious nap - looooooooong nap while both boys slept too.

Late in the afternoon I got the boys ready and we went to Mom & Dad's for supper. I had no idea we got another huge dump of snow since last night. The snowbanks are starting to resemble a "normal" winter's levels now. Cindy was there too with her crew. Mom made a delicious stew with spicy Portuguese sausage (chorizo) and some venison, potatoes, carrots, etc. It rocked.

After supper Dad was getting ready to go light a few fireworks outside. Carter was so excited he went running toward the patio doors and whacked his eye on the corner of the countertop. It broke the skin a little bit and gave him a quick little bruise. Poor guy. I cuddled him - though he was resisting my consoling him. I gave him some Tylenol to ease the pain. We put an icepack on it for a couple minutes and then he was ready for the fireworks show. Hopefully it won't bother him too much tomorrow. What is it with eye issues with these kids this weekend!?

We came home and I watched the Oscars. I missed about the first half hour or so. Surprisingly there weren't too many hideous outfits, and thank goodness Helen Mirren won for best actress in "The Queen". She was quite amazing in that role. I didn't see most of the other movies that were up for Oscars, but it was nice to see Little Miss Sunshine snag a couple. And Jennifer Hudson...she sure didn't need to win American Idol to get where she is tonight!

I'm kind of waiting for Jimmy Kimmel to come on before I go to bed so I can see what Ellen has to say. Should be funny.

And...back to work tomorrow. It was nice to have an extra long weekend; but I'm kind of looking forward to getting back to my desk!

2 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

Hope Carter's eye heals up real soon. How come the day off? Glad you enjoyed it! Take care Melly!

Monday, February 26, 2007 8:52:00 p.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

Wow. . . you have to watch those "coungers" they jump out at your kids!

Hee hee hee!

Tuesday, February 27, 2007 11:42:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home