Mellykat's Blog!

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Need for Speed

Friday was a good day at work. I was a machine! Two of the girls were still away, and Donna and I covered everything. So the day went by quickly!

After Chris came home we packed up our stuff and headed to Mom & Dad's for the weekend. They were away so we went to house-sit and keep the wood furnace going. God we had a lot of luggage to bring. If we ever go on a trip somewhere, we're gonna need a U-Haul.

Yesterday after Chris finished work for the day, he drove on the lake (off the ice road) right into the bay at Mom & Dad's and right up the beach/lawn to the driveway. We hardly have any snow so it was easy. He wanted to go ice fishing so he got his gear together and went out. He just drove his truck back down to the lake and fished from the truck. A couple guys from his work stopped by to visit. After the boys got up from their naps, Chris took Carter out on the lake too. I bundled up Cooper (it was way cold out) and took him down in the sleigh. Carter was pulling on one of the fishing lines (yanking on it) and he got a bite on the line...and Chris helped him reel in a fish!



I had a hankerin' for Wal-Mart, so I walked back up to the house with Cooper. He fell asleep on the way there. I got there, parked THEN realized I forgot my freaking purse. Thirteen minutes wasted. Drove all the way back for my purse and tried again. I found a bunch of mittens and hats really cheap for the boys. I lost one of Carter's mitts recently and he was wearing some thin gloves out on the lake, so I really stocked up. Now if we lose any, it's okay 'cause I have a bunch of spares and they were as low as a buck a pair.

I picked up a few other things and then grabbed supper from McDonald's on the way back. Perfect timing, since Chris and Carter had just gotten in from fishing. Cooper ate about a half a cheeseburger before coming up for air. Wow that kid can really eat sometimes. Carter barely nibbled on his stuff. He picked off and ate the cheese from his cheeseburger.

I took my computer out to Mom & Dad's hoping I could maybe snag a wireless signal from the neighbourhood. No go. But my computer also has a modem so I tried using dial-up. OMG I can NEVER go back to dial-up again. EVER. It was downright painful. I barely touched the computer all weekend! I actually stayed up late enough to watch a little Mad TV and SNL. But I zonked shortly after eleven.

Today Chris did some more fishing and we all came home. We somehow forgot all about the Daytona 500 and I turned the channel in time to see the last three laps. I made chicken salad sandwiches for supper and gave my blog a facelift again and got to watch my "Desperate Housewives". OMG it was gooooooood. I was hoping they'd make Orson to be not the killer they made him seem like. And of course his psycho freaky mother will recover from her stroke and that'll come back and bite him in the ass again. Of course there was much much more that happened. Love it.

I have nothing prepared for going to work tomorrow. I have grey roots that are sneaking up on me but no energy to go dye them. I need to wash bottles and sippy cups and find clothes to wear for all of us. I'm gonna go to bed and just wing it in the morning like I usually do.

3 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

I'm just glad we found each other on line. . . thanks for talking me through my picture project.

Here's hoping they don't screw it up again!

Sunday, February 18, 2007 10:37:00 p.m.  
Blogger Helen said...

I would give anything to see you pushing Cooper on a sleigh through the snow!!! Ace photo - cold but sunny by the looks of it - and here we are downunder sweltering!!!! A hankering for Wal-Mart - you are such a dag!! Have a great week Melly!

Sunday, February 18, 2007 11:24:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pic of the boys and the fish... good for Carter! It's not cold enough here this year (at least it WASN'T) for the ice to thicken up enough for driving vehicles out on to... although I'm sure some crazy fools have tried. I HATE when that happens about leaving something behind and getting to the place before realizing that it's missing... ugh. Blog looks awesome! Love the update! C'mon Spring!

Monday, February 19, 2007 12:15:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home