Mellykat's Blog!

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Unloafed

Last night I stayed up so I could do a last minute Valentine. I wanted to have it ready for the babysitter. I printed four and cut out heart-shaped magnets to stick on the backs of them.

So this morning I got up and started getting ready. Carter was up early but Cooper slept until about seven. I got us all ready and on the way to the babysitter, I figured I'd do a quick stop by Kelly's house and put a Valentine in her mailbox. Not even an intentional "drive-by" like usual, but she whipped open the door. That surprised me enough, but then she thrust at me a handful of toasty warm heart-shaped pancakes. She said, "This is all I've got - here!" I laughed my butt off all the way to the Jeep and presented the pancakes to Carter. He snacked on one on the way to Alana's house, and I put the remainder in the cooler bag with the bottles and drinks. I giggled about it throughout the day.

Kelly and I were going to go for lunch but she got called in to work. I stopped by Chris's work and brought him his Valentine. I felt pretty good all day - painwise I felt better and my sinuses were clear today. Just a couple sneezes so maybe I don't have a cold after all.

After work I picked up the boys and we came home. Chris came home and I wanted to make spaghetti for supper. Well I didn't have any packages of ground beef, but what I did have was the extra meatloaf I prepared and froze the other day. I had it all seasoned and prepared, so I just put it in a pot on the stove and unloafed it. The meat was well-seasoned and made a great spaghetti sauce with some tomato sauce and diced tomatoes.

There's not much on besides American Idol on tonight. I was going to try not to watch it this season, but they've sucked me in again! So off I go to watch and squeeze in a shower tonight so I don't have to do too much hair maintenance in the morning.

3 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

Happy Valentines Day my friend! Love this blog....your friend sounds just like you...how wonderful to have a friendship like that! Den and I also say "no more Australian Idol" but we get hooked each year. Take care!

Wednesday, February 14, 2007 8:41:00 p.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

I didn't watch it, but I heard (at length) about the three girls. . and the infamous quote, "Only good things happen to good people. . " and then she was gone! haha!

I've never "unloafed" a meatloaf, but I've heard that it's basically the same thing as meatballs.

. . .which, by the way, my daughter LOVES. Go figure. The child LOVES meat!

Loved the entry!

Happy "DAVD" (day after valentine's day)

BTW....I cannot leave messages with my blogger/google account. Totally screwed up when I changed over to the new blogger. Maybe we can talk things through tonight, cause I'm soooooo confused!

Thursday, February 15, 2007 8:35:00 a.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

update--I used my e-mail address, and it worked.

Whatever.

Thursday, February 15, 2007 8:36:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home