Mellykat's Blog!

Monday, February 05, 2007

What Does a Kee-Kee Bird Say?

Kee-kee-kee-kee-ripes it's cold! I think that might have been an old joke my Dad used to tell...I'm not sure if there's anymore to it, but basically, it's just bloody freaking cold here and that's the point I'm trying to make.

Dang it's a wicked cold one out there today. I think it did actually warm up to about minus twenty-five around supper time. Woohoo!

Today I picked up this power meter thingie to hook up to our electrical meter. It basically shows how much per hour we're spending on electricity. You should have seen that sucker fly when I had both the oven and the microwave on! Yikes! Makes me want to go around the house and unplug everything! Funny how each time we turned something on or off we ran to look at our little meter to see if the number of cents per hour went up or down. It also shows the outside temperature aside from freaking us about our next hydro bill.

Work went well; I seem to be settling into the routine pretty well. And I'm still trying to handle projects only once or at least prioritize things before I dive in, instead of starting a new project each time one lands in my inbox. I'm loving it.

For supper we had the bacon-wrapped turkey breasts I picked up on the weekend, and baked potatoes in the microwave. A pretty boring supper but the boys at least ate a little. We watched the movie "Stick It". I liked it because I've always been a wannabe gymnast. Now there's a sport I really enjoy watching. It's just one of those sports that I cannot stand the commentators in. (Figure skating too.) Such critical nitpicky nasties. Anyhoo, it was pretty good.

I did a couple fun little projects this evening, but no scrapping. I seem to be in a digiscrapping slump now that the Amazing Digiscrapping Race is over. I'll have to go hunting around for another new challenge to motivate me. Carter just zonked beside me on the CHESTERFIELD a little while ago so I'm going to scoop him up and chuck him in the tent and head for bed myself.

2 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

Oh poor "up and over"...that is what you get for living so far up and over! How close are you to the Arctic??? LOL??? Anyway, don't you just love it when you get a new toy...sounds like me and Den rushing to see what the new toy for the house is doing. Oh! and BTW I want pics of the tent bed! That is one thing you should be scrapping for sure. Keep warm Melly :)

Monday, February 05, 2007 11:15:00 p.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

kee-kee-yewt!

love the new blog look, by the way!

Tuesday, February 06, 2007 9:30:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home