Mellykat's Blog!

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Hackers, Hackers Everywhere

I'm talking about my children. The coughs coming from these kids are gnarly. They're both happy and playing and doing everything normally, but everything gets interrupted by the coughing fits.

Today I didn't go to church. (Again.) Carter ended up staying up until at least twelve-thirty last night. Crikey. I camped out in his tent with him on his little toddler bed mattress. That was fine until the middle of the night when I went to bed, and it was great to stretch out and have my whole self on a mattress. Tomorrow I'll bring in the air pump and get that air mattress blown up and in there.

We were in dire need of milk and butter and bread today so I did a Wal-Mart run. I got a couple things for Chris's birthday too, (which is on Tuesday) and ended up blowing over a hundred bucks there. Twenty-four bucks over the hundred mark. Eeeeek.

Then I got a call on the cell phone from Carter, asking me to pick up a DVD player. The only movie playing machine in our house is Chris's PS2 in the living room and Carter misses watching a movie to help him fall asleep at night, since the little el-cheapo DVD players we had all died. So I went back into Wal-Mart and bought a DVD/VCR combo machine. Carter has a little collection of dinosaur movies on VHS so I figured it warranted getting both. And if I ever want to record something, now I can. (Both our VCRs died last year too.)

Next stop was going to Warehouse One. They had a 50% off sale - 50% off the lowest sale price. I got a couple shirts, one was four bucks, one was $7.50. Two pairs of jeans 2/$15.00. A couple t-shirts for Chris, including one that says "Sentenced to Life...Oops I Mean Happily Married". It's only funny because **I** bought it. haha. I already gave it to him; an early birthday present. He wore it right away. Funny. I also got a pair of black capris for $7.50. A very economical clothing spree. Funnnnnnn.

I came home and Mom invited us for supper. I eagerly accepted her invitation. I lazed about in the afternoon and we got ready to go around five. We were greeted at the door by delectable scents of a seasoned pork roast, and roasted potatoes and carrots. Supper was DELICIOUS. I pigged out bigtime. (No pun intended!)

We visited after supper and then it was time for Desperate Housewives. We found out quickly that unfortunately it was a rerun. We watched it anyway, and Cooper fell asleep on me. Carter was a little sleepy too, and was ready for bed when we got home. He's in his tent and Cooper is in his bed (the playpen).

I have to switch over some laundry from the washer to the dryer, then I'm going to call it a night. I was going to dye my roots tonight but I'm too tired/lazy. I'll just deal with my grey for another day and hopefully get to it tomorrow night.

2 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

I can hardly see your gray hairs from here. ha ha!

Monday, January 29, 2007 4:34:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

whihc reminds me ladies i need to get to the dying, but shoot if Melany go can another day so can I

Tuesday, January 30, 2007 10:34:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home