Mellykat's Blog!

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Bye Bye Weekend!

I just finished watching Desperate Housewives and had an awesome hot shower with no one knocking on the door or pushing in the shower curtain. Yay me! My hair is washed for the week again.

This week will be the first so far taking the boys to the sitter every day. Mom won't be doing Tuesdays anymore, but she will still babysit the occasional evening sometime if we go out. Yeah, like that'll ever happen! Maybe for our anniversary this summer or something. We'll see.

Today I lazed in bed as long as possible, with a few little pangs of guilt for being too lazy to get ready and go to church. I'm sure Angie will ensure I have a few more pangs of guilt since she always has to go twice. heehee.

Chris took Carter outside to play for quite awhile today; it was a decent day weather-wise. I took Cooper grocery shopping. It would have been my usual Wal-Mart and grocery store run, but I opted to stay out of Wal-Mart, and spent my seemingly requisite hundred dollars elsewhere! I even found a new cordless kettle for ten bucks, socks for Cooper and a bulb for one of our halogen lamps in the living room that has been burnt out for AGES!

I also picked up a couple things for supper; we had Chris's Dad and my parents over. I made a yummy oriental chicken stir-fry with rice (real rice! - I usually use Minute Rice or the flavoured rice by Uncle Ben). This was way better. We had a tossed salad, and Chris's Dad brought not one, but two cakes to choose from for dessert, and ice cream. Not to mention bananas and strawberries...he covered all the bases!

After supper everyone visited for awhile and then left. I got to watch my show as I already mentioned, so my Sunday is officially complete! I just have to try to find something to wear tomorrow, get our bag packed for the sitter tomorrow and at least blow-dry my hair so I can iron it in the morning. C'est tout!

P.S. I've had this up my sleeve for awhile now but finally put the finishing touches on it. These are my friend Helen's kids in Australia. Title was inspired first of all by this gorgeous picture, (how in the world do you get two young kids to pose so perfectly???) and by a band from the 80s that I loved called "The Australian Models"...I used Christy's "Berry Mint Chip" kit from Butternug Squash Designs; the same kit my blog is currently decorated with. You can click on the image to enlarge it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

Oh my gosh. . .Helen is going to flip a gizzard when she sees this layout. It is absolutely gorgeous. Those kids are adorable.

As for the guilt. . . looks like I don't need to heap any on you, you've got it covered! :)

Monday, January 22, 2007 10:08:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG!!!!!!!!!!

You are AMAZING! THE GURU!

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

I would "flip a gizzard" if I knew what that was and I am sure the Almighty up above (as opposed to up and over!! hehehe! you are an Almighty of a different nature Melly!) has truly forgiven you your wonderful lazy Sunday morning.

You are the best - what a awesome Tuesday morning wake up! Thank you for your kind actions and words about the munchkins. But thank you more so for your friendship and the inspiration you give to my scrapping :)

Love and best wishes, Helen

Monday, January 22, 2007 2:57:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome page Melly! Gorgeous kids! Hey... I tagged you on my blog. Go check it out if you want!

Monday, January 22, 2007 5:18:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home