Mellykat's Blog!

Monday, January 15, 2007

Monday Monday...

So good to me...

Today was a gooder...I got up and since I showered and washed my hair last night all I had to do was iron it this morning. I got up about twenty to seven and started getting ready. Cooper was up before Carter and I fed him breakfast and got him dressed. Carter followed shortly after and I had everyone ready to rock by eight. Then bags packed, dressed, snow-suited, all set.

I dropped the boys off at the sitter and headed to work. I was there in time to get a parking spot with a plug-in, so I could plug the Jeep in, 'cause it was -32ºC this morning. Welcome to January in Canada...My new computer had arrived late Friday afternoon so I did a backup of the old one and set up the new one. Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice. 3GHZ computer with a gig of RAM and a gorgeous 19" flat panel monitor. Sweet. Of course I had to go and forget to backup all my fonts, so I had to power up the old computer once more. Luckily I had my jump drive in my purse so it was a quick transfer.

It takes up hardly any space on my desk with the CPU being so small, and the monitor being such a space-saver. I got all the network printers reinstalled and was all set. At lunchtime I took a spur-of-the-moment drive to Mom & Dad's house. I had a sandwich and a visit then headed back to work. Had a good afternoon then picked up the boys.

It was an easy drop-off this morning and easy pick-up after work. We're starting to see some semblance of a routine, and I'm liking it! Tonight Chris took the Jeep to the shop to wash it. In this uber-cold weather the vehicle stays clean at least for a few days. Hopefully he dried it well enough that the doors won't be frozen shut in the morning!

I had a hilarious marathon chat with Angie tonight. We had some technical difficulties at first but we got the webcams working and it was nice to catch up and see her "in person". Had quite a few belly-laughs and we were both so tired that things started to get silly when I could barely type anymore. Now my day is complete.

I'm just now realizing I haven't blogged since Saturday, but not much happened yesterday. I stayed up late finishing up some cute birthday invitations for a girl at work's daughter. I had also done a scrapbook page of Cooper in the very first moments he entered the world...

You can click the image to enlarge it and to see the credits. I got the kit from Peppermint Creative. That Miss Mint makes some nice stuff and always offers a gorgeous monthly freebie. I also bought one of her kits today and I started a new page but my computer crashed in the middle of it. Back to the drawing board.

And back to yesterday, supper was an odd mishmash. Fish'n'chips, mac'n'cheese, and veggies. I got to watch Desperate Housewives, but not without interruption. Both boys were climbing on and around me and Carter was yelling and running in circles around me, where I'd parked myself in front of the TV with the volume cranked just so I wouldn't miss anything. I mean really, I have three favourite shows; the rest of the week I couldn't even care if the TV were even on. But when my shows are on, please please shutty uppy! I almost went to the basement to watch. Obsess much?

Tomorrow is easy button day - Mom will be here in the morning so I don't have to haul the boys anywhere. Mind you, now that I'm getting used to being back to work and taking the boys to the sitter, every day is getting easier. Gotta love it.

Da da, da da da da...

1 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

Well, my ego is shot. . .but I love the entry anyway. And the layout. . .one of the best - ever!

You're bound to end up a Mint Chick!

Monday, January 15, 2007 10:38:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home