Mellykat's Blog!

Thursday, January 04, 2007

It Got Away From Me Again

Well it's been a busy week but I have been on the computer doing some scrappin'...but somehow my blog has gotten away from me again.

Let's take a trip down memory lane, shall we?

So I haven't really blogged about life in general since LAST Thursday...with the exception of that brief New Year greeting. I'll muster up everything I can recall.

On Saturday afternoon, Chris dropped his brother off at the bus station to catch his bus back to Thunder Bay. We didn't have the time or resources to deliver him there personally, so we relied on good ol' Greyhound.

On Saturday evening, Kelly and I had planned to go out for snacks and drinks. We've never been out for a fun evening out except for Bingo, and our daytime shopping and a few lunches, and never out for drinks before. She had also invited a few coworkers and we were to celebrate the New Year one night early, since Kelly was to work night shift on New Year's Eve. Bah!

So I walked over to Kelly's and three of us walked to the restaurant where we met up with the other two for munchies and drinks. I had two orders of wings and an order of deep fried veggies. Then I had a Caesar to drink. Next was some sort of yummy-licious pink concoction with whipped cream and a cherry on top. That was like dessert. Another Caesar, a shooter of Bailey's and a Singapore Sling. I felt nothing. Seriously. The girl who hasn't had more than a whisper of alcohol since my childbearing began. I felt full more than anything.

We left the restaurant by eleven, and went to the bar. It was raining by this time, a sure sign of nasty roads to follow.

At the bar, (I felt soooooooooooooo old!) I had a Paralyzer and then I saw the waitress going around with a big colourful tray of Jell-O shooters, so I got us each one of those. Yummmm. Everyone took turns and we had in total during the course of the next few hours seven of them each. Yikes! I had a couple more Paralyzers and all of us danced a little. I must have finally felt something, 'cause I danced like nobody was watching! heehee

All in all a good time was had by all. When we went outside, EVERYTHING was just like a skating rink. Drinks or not, nobody could walk across the parking lot. It was rain on top of ice and it was slippery!

One of the girls took us home in her van but before we left, the vehicle had to be de-iced. Leave it to me and my trusty mini-Sharpie marker, and I scraped all the ice off all the windows. I had to hold on to the van to keep from sliding under it. We got to my street and I said okay, this is my house...she had been trying to stop since we turned the corner but we slid past my house. I carefully got out and hopped onto the snow of my front yard and ran through the (not-very-deep) snow in my dress shoes and held onto the garage and carefully walked to the house.

Surprisingly Chris was up and made fun of me for staying out so late and having a few drinks. It was 2:25 a.m. What a hoot. Kelly got home seconds later and we chatted on MSN for a couple minutes. When I went to bed I got a silly case of the giggles then went to sleep.

New Year's Eve...I woke up in time to go to church but didn't go. I felt remarkably well considering my escapades and had a productive day. I removed all evidence of Christmas from the living room.

In the afternoon, we got our stuff together and picked up some munchies and headed out to Cindy's place. We had tons of snacks - Cindy made awesome homemade chicken wings, there were massive shrimp, taco dip, chicken dip, veggies and dip, you name it.

We played "Sequence" - a cool card game I've never played before. We played guys against the girls and after six rounds, it was tied up. Everyone went downstairs and we watched "Nacho Libre". A funny silly little romp starring Jack Black. We came home around 10:30 and I chatted with Angie and was "there" for her countdown. We chatted awhile longer but I didn't have it in me to stay up for my own countdown. Chris and I were both sleeping before midnight.

Monday I think was the day Chris took Cooper sliding with Deidre & Greg & Connor. I stayed home with Cooper. After supper Chris's brother phoned from Thunder Bay in a bit of a pickle. His friend that he was going to stay with wasn't back from Christmas break back home yet, so Jason had nowhere to stay for the next week. Chris took off just after 6:30 to drive to Thunder Bay to pick him up. Sure, give me something more to be anxious about on the night before my first day of work!

I actually managed to go to sleep around midnight and when they arrived at 3:40 a.m. I had been sound asleep. Then I couldn't go back to sleep for an hour and a half. I squeezed in one more "nap" then had to get up and ready for work. Since it was Tuesday, it was my Mom's day to watch the boys and she came over for 8:00. I did a quick Tim Horton's run and stopped in to drop off some tea for Mom and a bagel for Carter.

So the past three days at work have gone quite well. There are a few changes since I left, but generally at some moments it is like I never left and it's good to be back. Kelly and I had an unfruitful but fun trip to Bingo last night and before I left I whipped up a meatloaf, baked potatoes and peaches'n'cream corn. Chris told me that Carter (the NON-eater) asked for seconds. Meatloaf is definitely going to be a weekly occurence. It's a fairly quick, easy meal so it will be suitable for those dreadful Mondays!

Tonight we had supper at Mom & Dad's place. I drove with the boys then Chris followed after going home from work and showering. We had awesome deep-fried beer-battered fish, baked beans (yuck! - everyone else likes them but me), spiced boiled potatoes, and mozza sticks. I was fulllllllllllll.

After supper we watched "My Name is Earl" and a couple other shows then we came home. Cooper was a bit fussy while we were there. He kept biting his fingers, so figuring his teeth were bothering him, I gave him some Tylenol. When we got home he was asleep. Chris put a movie on and Carter, not having had a nap was tired but fighting sleep. Cooper woke up screaming a short time later and was inconsolable for quite awhile. I gave him milk, cereal, walked around with him...nothing calmed him. I gave him some Advil and he settled enough to eat a couple spoonsful of baby cereal and drink a bottle of milk. Whew.

It's only 10:30 but I feel like I'm going to drop. I'm glad I finally caught up on my blog. I have done a few scrapbook pages, and I'll attempt quickly to post them here so you can see I've done something productive lately. haha. You can click on the images to enlarge them and to see the kit credits. Goooooooooooood night.


Blogger Angie said...

I want to start by saying, "It's about time!" But, then I realized that my blog is hideously out of date, too. Oops.

Great catching up on your life - although most of this I knew. ha ha!

I'm so glad the transition back to work is going well. It was a hoot to talk to you this morning.

Friday, January 05, 2007 9:16:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She's back!!!! Nice one Melly. Glad to hear work is going well. Love the LOs....big hair? What big should have seen mine :) Love Helen

Saturday, January 06, 2007 3:05:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home