Mellykat's Blog!

Thursday, December 21, 2006

I Drove the Future Shop 400

And holy crap that was a big moose.

After a quick (yes, there was hardly a line-up) drive-thru at Timmy's, Carter and I were off to Thunder Bay at exactly ten-thirty. The trip was smooth and uneventful. All the wildlife kept to themselves wherever they live. The highway was bare and dry and the sun was shining. I hadn't put a pull-up on Carter so I asked him every so often if he needed to pee. He finally said he wanted to "pee in the bushes" so I quickly pulled over at the side of the road. I was a bit worried he wouldn't lean into it, and so he would pee on his pants...not sure if it was my neurosis or the cold but he changed his mind. Two minutes or so later we tried again and I even tried to get him to pee in a cup but he wasn't going for it. We were only ten minutes from the next town so we climbed back in again and headed off.

We stopped at a gas station for a quick pee and carried on with our journey. We arrived in Thunder Bay at Jason's place before three; so I figure it was a pretty good trip for me and a three-year-old! Carter seems to be a great little traveler. We brought Kelly's little portable DVD player and Carter had a toy. Both items along with a nap kept him happy for the trip.

We picked up Jason and his stuff and headed to Future Shop. We did a really quick tour around the store and I picked up a couple Christmas presents. Carter was pretty antsy and wanted to either run or touch everything so we kept it brief. We went next door to Staples and just did a quick browse mostly because I'd never been there before.

We did another quick stint at Chapters. I picked up a couple books. The lineup was crzazy but they had quite a few cashiers so it wasn't so bad. Jason was wrangling Carter again and I do believe he had his hands full!

We did a quick take-out at Wendy's...ate in the Jeep then took off. Chris had asked me to bring him the biggest baddest burger from there because we don't have Wendy's at home. So I did. We made one more pitstop for gas then we skipped town. I was there for less than two hours.

The ride home was even quicker and easier than the trip there. No sun in our eyes (just headlights as it was dark within less than an hour of leaving). I started seeing wildlife near the road then we saw the moose. The big-ass-tall moose. He was standing with his butt to the road (whew!) but right next to the road. He looked over his massive shoulder at us. Fortunately I really had my eyes peeled as he was about the fourth animal I saw, and fortunately he didn't move. Also fortunately we were on a passing lane, and I had room to move over just in case.

We got home just after seven-thirty. I was tired but it was a good ride. About 450 miles. Whee! So that was my "Future Shop 450" I guess. Drove 450 miles to go to Future Shop. Obviously the goal of the trip wasn't shopping; it was to pick up Jason and now we have him home for Christmas.


Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have no idea what you are talking about? Is that sad? ~ Love Helen

Friday, December 22, 2006 3:54:00 p.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

Whoa, baby. . .you made it home allright. How'd Carter do?

I will try to find you later. . . must go to a funeral tonight.

Sad, at Chrismtas. . .


Friday, December 22, 2006 3:56:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yey for toilet training!!! ~ Helen

Wednesday, December 27, 2006 4:53:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home