Mellykat's Blog!

Thursday, December 14, 2006

A Small Winfall

Today started out quiet and uneventful but grew busier. Had an electrician stop by to look at our furnace and thermostat; we just might be getting a new furnace. We found out ours is a real relic from 1959. Whoa. Thank God it still works! Had a couple other people stop by. One to bring me money (thank you!) and the other to bring my Mom money and pick up her Epicure order.

While Cooper napped this afternoon and Carter played games on the other computer, I redid my blog header and background. I am LOVING Christy's new "Snowy" kit and made the ornaments myself in Photoshop with the ribbons from her "Elementary" kit and I made the trees out of the papers in the Snowy kit. The brass looking items I made using Atomic Cupcake's old brass action and the ornament tops with the silver action.

I got ready to go to Bingo but when I called Chris he was still away working and didn't think he'd be able to get back nearly in time for me to go. I was all sad and asked Dad if he would watch the boys 'til Chris came home, so we were still ON! Turned out Chris could bring some work back to town with him but Dad brought Mom over and Kelly picked us up. Chris wasn't quite home but we saw him on our way to Tim Horton's to get our fix.

We went to Bingo and I won the second game. It was very significant and symbolic, because the game was the "Eagle". You need to dab all the numbers in the shape of an Eagle. Why is this symbolic/significant? Because when Kelly was at Wal-Mart today, she was in the middle of the parking lot and an Eagle flew over her, squawking. Way cool that was the one I got the Bingo on. Also the name of the place is Eagle too. Great. So there was another winner in the same game I won so the pot was split, but it still offset our Bingo expenses and it was nice to win something after a long bout of not winning. Kelly and I split our winnings when we go. Mom plays on her own, and she won a hundred bucks. Nice going Mom! Just when she said she didn't want to go anymore 'cause she hates to spend the money and not win anything. Ha! Now we have to go again next week! heehee.

I came home and all three of my boys are asleep. Chris woke up briefly for me to tell him about my winning then promptly dozed off again.

So that was the day in a nutshell. Tomorrow Kelly is helping me take the boys to Wal-Mart for Cooper's one-year portraits. I'm hoping to get the boys into their gorgeous new matching outfits and get a couple pictures of the two of them. I hope they're feeling better and not coughing their little faces off in all the pictures.

Speaking of pictures, here is an adorable picture of Carter from when we were decorating the other night. He put on the Santa hat then he put the stockings on his feet. I laughed my head off and just had to get the camera. Also below is a picture of our tree decorated.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE your new header!! You rawked that hard.

Friday, December 15, 2006 6:26:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home