Mellykat's Blog!

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Happy First Birthday, Cooper!

This morning we got up and got ready to go to the babysitter for a half-day trial run. Longest visit yet. I had an appointment for a massage so I basically yanked off their snowsuits and bolted out the door! I had a one-hour massage and it rocked. Next I stopped in at Safeway to find out which cake we'd be getting for Cooper's birthday. Ummmm. There was NO order there for our cake at ALL! The girl who took my order last night put it in the Thursday slot! Good thing I stopped in! So the nice bakery girl found it and determined we'd have a Nemo cake. I went to the dollar store to pick up white and orange balloons and streamers and plates and cups and party hats and loot bags.

Next stop was my eyebrow wax appointment. Talk about a day to spoil me! Then I did more shopping and running around and bumped into Diane who was going for lunch and asked me to come along. I had the buffet at the Chinese restaurant. Mmmmm. By the time lunch was over, it was time to pick up the boys (Already!!??) I brought them home and Chris was home since he wasn't feeling well.

I blew up balloons and hung them up with streamers. I made matching loot bags and cups for each kid that was coming to the party. Supper was quick and easy - hotdogs and Carter ate a whole one and Cooper about half. I went to pick up the cake; it was pretty cute. Chris's Dad stopped by to drop off a few presents for the boys. Clothes for both of them and an aquarium toy for Cooper.

Everyone showed up between six-thirty and seven. My Mom and aunts were at a church dinner so they showed up late, just in time for cake. The cake, a quarter-slab (9x13") was completely devoured. Oops. No leftovers for me! Next time it'll be a half-slab for sure! So we had Deidre & Connor, Tracy, Terry, Taya & Tyson, Auntie Lurdes & Uncle Cliff, Uncle Bob, Cindy and family, and Cooper's Godmother Kelly and her son Ben.

Cooper got some great new toys...bath toys, big plush balls, a DVD, a toy phone and a cute shirt, a cute adoptable dog (you go online to adopt him!), money, an awesome musical Sesame Street musical book (with Grover on it too!) Kelly had to take Ben to hockey so she did a drive-by and came back with an extra-large FVC for me from Timmy's! She knew I needed it! Cooper also got a farm see'n'say, a gorgeous Old Navy outfit, and a couple good thick'n'sturdy books.

Cooper went to sleep at a fairly decent hour, but Carter was up and going strong long after. Holy Cow. My baby is one year old. It was a day full of activity and it's long past midnight but Carter is still going. Must still be "high" on cake and orange pop.

3 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

What a beauty!!! Happy Birthday, again, Cooper!

Love you ..

Angie

Thursday, December 07, 2006 3:14:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a doll he is!

Thursday, December 07, 2006 5:27:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such a gorgeous photo.....stunning little man. Great Nemo cake by the looks of it. Well done Melly ~ Helen

Thursday, December 07, 2006 9:38:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home