Mellykat's Blog!

Monday, November 20, 2006

First Day Back to Work

Well, it's officially official. My maternity leave is over. I called to end my employment insurance claim today. I'm back to work.

But, I'm on vacation. Yes, I know that sounds crazy. My first day actually in the office is December 4th. Wow it's been an amazing, fast year. I can't believe my baby will be one year old two weeks from Wednesday.

So I spent the day struggling to squeeze in a nap amid cleaning spurts. Tonight Diane and I had a sampler party for Victorian Epicure Selections. Her daughter-in-law is a consultant, though she lives far away. So Diane brought all her stuff over and made a bunch of dips and mixes and we had a few ladies over to try the stuff. I made the beef & steak marinade last night and marinated a steak that Diane brought over. This afternoon I marinated some chicken in the Souvlaki seasoning mix. It was a fun and very tasty social gathering! And it was a great reason to give the house a good cleaning! I even did a couple windows!

This coming Friday is our Santa Claus parade. It goes by almost right in front of our house, so our house is the gathering place before and after the parade. When our house was my grandparents' house, it was the gathering place then too. So I've kept up the after-parade tradition of having everyone over. I make hot chocolate and put out a bunch of munchies. I just can't believe it's this Friday!

And, barring any unforeseen circumstances, Kelly and my Mom and I are going to Bingo this week. But right now, I'm tired after a long day "back at work". heehee Imagine how tired I'll be when I actually have to pack up two kids, drop them off at the sitter, and go to the office all day! I'm looking forward to a change in pace and I think it will be good for the boys too. Then poof, it will be Christmas. Time is a-flyin'.

One more thing I need to document. (This blog also serves as a baby record!) I switched Cooper to soy milk last night. He's been having such a hard time poopin' lately, that I'm hoping this makes a difference. We'll see tomorrow, I bet!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with the soy and Monday practice runs to work - ready for next year - boo hoo! Great story about maintaining tradition - love reading stuff like that - hope the parade will be a good one :) Helen

Tuesday, November 21, 2006 2:38:00 p.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

When I come by, the hot chocolate had BETTER BE HOT!

Angie

Tuesday, November 21, 2006 2:52:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home