Mellykat's Blog!

Friday, November 10, 2006

Another Lucky Seven!

No, sadly this is not a Bingo reference, though the lucky seven game is the one for the big big bucks! I don't know when I'll go to Bingo again. But what it does refer to is another beautiful night of seven hours of sleep. Ahhhhhhhhh. Sweet slumber.

The thing is, Cooper's been sleeping in the playpen - in the living room. All night. Do you think I'm going to change anything? Negatory! Let sleeping babes lie, I say!

Okay, so Wednesday SUCKED because I barely got any sleep. I think I got a total of two hours of sleep on Tuesday night. I was tired and I was beeeeyotchy on Wednesday. But for some strange reason, I managed to start the monumental task of moving a large shelf unit from the basement to the boys' closet. I have a few of those cube-icals fabric drawers. This shelf unit will fit twelve of them and I have five already, so I just need seven more. Anyhoo, I emptied all the crap off the shelves and toted this big honkin' wooden shelf thingy up the stairs and into the bedroom. Then do you think I could find a single screwdriver to take the legs off the darn thing?

It took me forever, but I found **MY** toolkit out in the garage. I swear I have to hide it or I never know where it is. So I finally took the legs off the shelf unit and moved it into the closet. Perfect fit. I felt like a genius. Haha. So the closet bar with the kids clothes on it clears the top shelf. Awesome. I sorted some of the mountain of kids' clothes too. I have a hyuge bin that Cooper has outgrown. A box that Carter has outgrown that I need to keep for Cooper. And in the stuff Cooper has outgrown, I still need to sort into my stuff, Tracy's and Deidre's that I borrowed. Oy. It's an uphill battle. There is still a ginormous pile of stuff that fits both kids right now that I need to put away in the nice little Martha Stewart closet before it ends up in one of the aforementioned boxes. Not to mention, the oodles and oodles of clean laundry in the basement that I have yet to sort and bring up to go through this whole process AGAIN. Oh and of course probably five loads of clothes and bedding that need to be washed. Yikes.

So anyway, supper on Wednesday was an easy one again. Fish & chips. Cooper gobbled up the fish sticks and fries and green beans like a pro. Carter ate his usual little bit. Wednesday night Cooper fell asleep so I set him down in the playpen. I had a bunch of junk in his crib from the rearranging that I had done anyway, so it worked well. I chatted with Angie and Helen for awhile then called it quits about eleven-thirty. Chris was asleep on the couch, so I went to bed. I woke up thinking it was the middle of the night. It was twenty after six! Whoa - I slept for seven hours straight! Whee! Meanwhile, I went out to the living room thinking Chris had overslept on the couch, but he was long gone to work. He had actually gone to bed too but surprisingly I didn't wake up or hear a thing!

Needless to say, Thursday was a much happier day for me and subsequently the boys. Cooper had a blast colouring, we read some books. I didn't accomplish anything anywhere near what I did on Wednesday, even with more sleep. Hmmm. Thursday supper was pork tenderloin that I cut into medallions as usual, and French-style green beans and long grain & wild rice. Cooper is obviously a carnivore like his big brother. Actually, more of an omnivore, he seems to eat everything. Carter's not into the green stuff too much, or any colour of vegetable for that matter.

Chris went out for guys' poker night. I watched "Earl" and chatted with Angie. I got Cooper to go to sleep in the playpen again. Woohoo! Carter wanted to watch his movie in his room so I hooked him up. I started watching "ER" and tried to join in the chat at DigiscrapDivas. Everything was going well until Cooper woke up. Crap. So I tried nursing him back to sleep just so I could keep doing everything **I** wanted to do. Selfish Mommy. Anyway, I eventually got him back to sleep in the playpen, finished the chat crop, chatted with Angie and we both finished a layout for the crop challenge and posted it by the eleven o'clock deadline. Whew! But I was beat. Angie signed off in a hurry saying there was an emergency. Freaked me right out. Turns out Caroline was gone off on a horrible coughing bout and Angie needed to take her to the hospital. And just so I wouldn't be too freaked, she got Mark to phone me to tell me. Is that sweet or what? It was much easier to go to sleep knowing what happened and that it was being taken care of. I'm still awaiting an update, so I pray everything's okay!

After that, I fell asleep on the couch. Another seven hours - sleep really rocks! Even though I slept in the living room, I didn't hear Chris's truck start up just past six o'clock this morning to go to work. This means I'm getting really yummy deep sleep. Cooper and Carter pretty much woke up at the same time; Carter may have even woken up Cooper, but it was fine with me. I made us all breakfast and we faced the day. I didn't do anymore sorting or rearranging, but it was a fun day, anyway. Carter enjoyed playing with play-dough for quite awhile and I made him some interesting characters. Cooper really wanted to get his hands on it too but we all know it would have gone directly in his mouth. Maybe next year for him. There was even some simultaneous napping late in the afternoon. Yay!

Chris came home and we got ready to go to Mom & Dad's house for supper. Cindy & family were going too. We had a faaaaaaaaantastic moose roast, mashed potatoes and gravy with peppercorns, peas and other mixed veggies, salad, and a really awesome cake Mom made and topped with ice cream and whipped cream. Best ice cream cake ever! We stayed and visited awhile, even after Cindy and the gang left.

Cooper was adorable playing peekaboo, and Carter was computer whizzing. Then Cooper, the little monkey started to climb the stairs, trying to follow Mom and Carter. Scary! I was right there with him and he climbed up two steps. Crikey I have to keep such a close eye on this kid or he'll take off on me for sure! I'll post a little video of Cooper playing peekaboo one of these days. It's so cute.

We came home and Cooper was asleep probably the second we pulled out of Mom & Dad's driveway. Surprisingly, he didn't wake up when I took off his snowsuit. Carter was ready to doze off so Chris put him to bed. Cooper's in the playpen again, so I'm hoping for a full night's sleep again. I hope I'm not just wishful thinking!

Here is the layout I did for the crop challenge:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the layout. I totally forgot about that crop tonight. I guess I've just been to busy baking. Can't wait to see the video of Cooper playing peek a boo. (hint)

Saturday, November 11, 2006 3:58:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home