Mellykat's Blog!

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Jackpot on Snot Machine Number Two!

Crikey. Both my kids have a cold. Carter has a dry cough/runny nose and Cooper has a non-stop river of mucous pouring forth from his nose. (You're so welcome for the graphic description.)

So both of them have been coping okay but can get so grouchy! And of course staying up for hours at a time in the middle of the night makes for a grumpy day for me too.

For some reason it feels like Sunday today. I was looking forward to watching "Desperate Housewives" and when we were at my parents' for supper I mentioned it and Mom reminded me tomorrow is Sunday and gave me an ever-so-sweet reminder that it would be nice if we made an appearance at church. Yes, it's been at least four weeks.

So Friday was fairly uneventful. Chris came home from work and I ordered pizza for supper. I opted to pick it up since it's way faster than waiting for a delivery since they're usually so busy. I got all the way there and parked the Jeep and came to the biting realization that my wallet and I were not traveling together. So I drove home to pick it up. I had called Chris to make sure it was handy and he had it sitting on the inside step waiting for me. I just grabbed it and ran. Then when I got back there I had to wait just to pick up the pizzas. Anyhoo, they were good and Cooper liked them too. It was a quiet evening until Cooper got up and screeched like a howler monkey for about two hours straight.Finally I was fairly sure he was sleeping soundly again and transported him back to his crib. So now after all that, somebody explain to me why both my kids still got up at seven o'clock this morning?

I had a bath with Cooper this morning and washed my hair, intending to colour it but I was tiiiiiired. Later this morning I was just starting a yummylicious nap since I managed to get Cooper down and Carter was lying down too. Carter climbed in with me and woke me up. Then Dad stopped by. Both boys stayed asleep but when Cindy came by Cooper woke up. Chris came home from work and I still resembled Medusa since I had kept the towel on my head after I washed my hair. There was no more napping to be had by anyone.

I finally started colouring my hair in the afternoon. Chris wrangled Cooper while Carter was still napping. I did a quick blow-dry and Carter had somehow pooped his pants (no pullup...dang it!) I gave him a quick bath and got both boys dressed and ready to go to Mom & Dad's for supper. We had faaaaaaaaaaaaaaantastic spaghetti with a kickass homemade sauce with moose sausage. It rocked. We visited for awhile after supper then came home. (Beth if you're here, you may find it noteworthy that we saw THREE moose and a deer on the way home...thankfully all of the critters stayed off the road!) Cooper was asleep when I brought him in the house, so I put him in his crib, snowsuit and all! (Here is a picture of him taken last week in his new Tigger snowsuit) It's a bit big but it should last the whole winter.



Of course he's gotten up twice since then and I just put him down again with some baby vicks stuff rubbed on his chest. I don't think he's gone back to sleep yet; I'm anticipating a call from him any second again. So, wish me luck in getting up for church in the morning. I think it will take a divine intervention just to get me to the divine intervention!

Oh and I did do a new scrapbook layout - this is for a sketch challenge at DigiscrapDivas. I used Bree's sketch template and Lawanna Desjardin's Earthly Blessings kit.


Well, I don't hear anything over the baby monitor so I might just make a run for my pillow and blankie. Oh sure, I type that sentence then I hear Cooper. Could be a loooooooong night!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yikes...just reading this makes me tired! Love the snowsuit and layout!

Sunday, November 05, 2006 8:48:00 p.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

I BLOGGED. . .HOW 'BOUT YOU?!

tee hee. . . !!!

Monday, November 06, 2006 11:50:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home