Mellykat's Blog!

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Peekaboo!

Where the heck did the weekend go? Let's see...Friday. Hmmm. Ran errands. Kelly abandoned me to go to Thunder Bay, so we didn't go to Bingo again. Waaaaah!! Hopefully Wednesday will be a date. Chris had a couple friends over and I did some shopping at Wal-Mart and Safeway. We had a late late supper of pizza from Safeway. Those Milena pizzas are pretty good.

Saturday...Chris worked until noon then he went out to his friend's house to help him cut and package a moose. So it was me & the boys for the afternoon. I FINALLY had all the ingredients to make my favourite soft ginger snap cookies thanks to Chris for picking up some shortening on the way home. Bake much? Nope...didn't even have any good flour until I shopped the other night. Chris came home and we pigged out on cookies and watched "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"...cute-goofy-quirky little sci-fi movie. I was so tired I couldn't even stay up to watch Saturday Night Live. So I crashed early.

Cooper decided to get up and party just after four-thirty this morning until about six. Luckily he went back to sleep and I slept in until almost 8:30. Chris was awesome and got up with both boys and let me stay in bed; I already had slept past the get-ready-for-church-on-time deadline so it was nice to just try to catch a few extra winks. Mom & Dad stopped by after they went out for breakfast after church. Then one of Chris's friends came over with his son and Chris took Carter outside and they played for awhile, and Auntie Lurdes & Uncle Cliff popped in on their way grocery shopping. I printed a couple pictures of Mallary for her to take to work to show off her gorgeous grandkids.

I made cookies again (made a double-batch of dough yesterday) and that's pretty much all I ate until supper time. Cindy needed us to pick up Noah from a birthday party so Chris picked him up from Pizza Hut at five o'clock and brought him here. I made spaghetti again and I've never been a big fan of spaghetti sauce, but with the fantastic mooseburger and not using a storebought sauce as a base, I've been loving it. Who'da thunk I'd like something I totally make from scratch with no recipe and just winging it?!

After supper we just hung out and played with the boys and watched TV. I remembered to watch Desperate Housewives and we watched a rerun episode of Heroes to try to figure out the storylines since we didn't see it from the beginning of the season.

A few days ago, I was reading a forum thread at DigiscrapDivas where one of the designers showed a preview of her new kit and needed a name for it so she held a contest. I entered a name for the kit and won! The kit is called "Paisley Harvest" courtesy of yours truly, and for the prize, I won the kit. So here is a layout I did with Lawanna Desjardin's kit...she sent me a note to ask if she could use it as a sample layout in her store too. Cool! Can't wait to see that!



Well, that's the weekend in a nutshell. And by the way, Cooper now says, "Peekaboo". When Chris got him to say it, I was in the kitchen and I heard it so clearly I thought Carter said it. Cyuuuuuuute! That will be the next thing I try to catch on video. Stay tuuuuuuned!

3 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

Okay...firstly I need a bit of clarification on "cutting and packaging a moose" - are you for real or is this some kinky Canadian thing? LOL! Well done on cooking from scratch! No stopping you now. And how come you are always winning stuff!?!? Amazing - you rock Melly!

Sunday, October 22, 2006 11:37:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go on the kit Melly! I love that layout I can see why she would want to use it too. As far as cooking from scratch you'd be amazed at what you can do. Of course I'm not big on moose, elk, or deer, but what the hey. That just leaves more for you right? LOL! I can't wait to see the video.

Monday, October 23, 2006 1:55:00 a.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

Wow - check you out, girl! I love that layout. May have to go out and (gasp!) buy that one. And the photo effects are perfect for the photo.

. . and now I want cookies.

Monday, October 23, 2006 1:47:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home