Mellykat's Blog!

Friday, October 20, 2006

The New Babysitter and Hamburngers

Wednesday morning we got up and got our butts in gear to go visit the new babysitter for nine o'clock. I think it only took us seconds to actually drive there. How cool. She has remodeled the complete upper floor of her house to accommodate her day care services. The room is very spacious and bright, with 287364895265 toys and crafts etc. There is a bathroom that Carter will be able to easily access and use any time. We had a good little visit and both boys seemed to like it there. Next week we're going to do about a one-hour trial and I'll leave the boys with her to assimilate them. There was only one other little girl there, a couple months older than Cooper. The schedule of other children varies by weekday, so it will be a variety.

After our visit there, we stopped in to see Chris at work and I showed him pictures of the day care. I went to buy us all lunch and brought some to Chris then went home. Cooper was asleep so I ate my lunch in the Jeep then brought the boys in the house. Mom and Dad invited us for supper, so once Chris got home from work, we loaded up and drove there. Dad started barbecuing hamburgers. Mom made a salad and some fries. As we were sitting visiting before supper, Mom casually reminded Dad to check on the burgers, which I hadn't realized was quite some time after he had put them on the grill. This prompted an "Oh Shit!" from Dad who jumped to the grill outside to find several little burnt offerings. It was hilarious. I told Dad I just had to blog his ham'burn'gers...



Cut to plan B...Dad had a few more burgers and Mom took out a package of cheese smokies. Everything was delicious in round two. We visited for awhile after supper and Mom put Cooper up at the piano for his first time (I think)...anyway, he sat there for quite awhile and Carter came and did a duet with him. Very cute.





We had a good visit then came home. Thursday morning Chris had a dentist appointment; two actually, since he was scheduled for a cleaning last month but postponed it to go at the same time as his filling appointment. He was gone for over two hours and came home very numb (and a little whiny). I stopped in at the office and brought Cooper for his first fluoride varnish.

I went home and we all kind of napped a little, then I had more errands to run. Chris came too, and we brought the boys...Cooper was already asleep, and Carter fell asleep enroute. Having a driver is so convenient that I can't wait until I'm rich! Don't get me wrong, I love driving. But when you have two kids to load and unload and reload, it's much easier to leave them in the car with someone to run in to places you need to go, especially for short stops!

We grabbed a late lunch from Dairy Queen. I had the requisite Flamethrower burger an onion rings. Chris had a chiliburger and onion rings, and Carter had a chicken strip kid's meal. We came home and had a picnic. Carter even shared a couple fries with his little brother. There was no such thing as supper with a big, late lunch like that. I fed Cooper his usual jar food and Carter was still munching on his chicken basket.

I got to watch 'Earl' and 'ER' and since I got both boys to bed, I crashed just after ten-thirty! Cooper had me up a couple times, but I still got more sleep than usual. Cooper's final wakeup call this morning was at seven-thirty. Now it's quarter past eight and Carter just got up too. I'm off to have a fun Friday with my boys! More on that later...

4 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

Dig you, girl! A blog first thing in the morning. . .

Been looking for you . . where you be?

Friday, October 20, 2006 12:35:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love those Burngers. LOL!
And the video with Cooper is great! He's even singing. I got a kick out of that. I missed ER What happened? Was it good?

Friday, October 20, 2006 5:23:00 p.m.  
Blogger Helen said...

Love the burgers...and the piano playing - future star for sure :) Glad things went well with the new baby sitter and hey! let me sign up also for that driver cause I am with you girl on life being much easier when you can run in and out alone :) Have a good one Melly!

Friday, October 20, 2006 7:50:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wahhh...dont go back to work... i want you to stay home and play with me

Friday, October 27, 2006 6:53:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home