Mellykat's Blog!

Friday, October 13, 2006

Yep, Them're Snowbanks, Y'all

Snow Day! Step outside and hear the constant beeping of snow removal vehicles near and off in the distance. We already have snowbanks.

This morning Kelly and I were chatting on MSN and decided to go out for coffee. I showered, did my hair and face, fed Cooper, dressed both boys and we were finally ready. In record time, I might add. She had to take her truck in for new tires, so we met at the tire shop and she came with us in the Jeep. We went to Tim Horton's for cappucinos and sandwiches, tea and chili. I brought Chris a bagel and a coffee in order to butter him up to see if I could get away with going to Bingo tonight. Yay! We're going! And hopefully this crappiest of crappy weather will deter the other Bingoers (new word?) and we'll have more chances to win...whee!

After we dropped off Kelly, Cooper was asleep in his car seat so I left him right in the Jeep. I opened the window so I could check on him, and Carter and I built a snowman! Yes, that's right folks, a snowman. Well, technically a snowboy...since the temperature isn't ideal for making the snow sticky enough. I couldn't roll a snowball around to make it bigger, Carter and I had to pack it by hand with handfuls of snow. But it worked. He has a toque (that's a knit hat, for my friends south of the border), mittens, sticks for arms, a tire valve stem for a nose, and pennies for eyes and a smile. I had to get creative; I didn't have a corncob pipe and a button/carrot for his nose and I didn't have two pieces of coal for his eyes. So he's no Frosty; I've declared his name to be Flaky.

Cindy dropped off her boys this afternoon on her way to an appointment. There's not much going on at school with the school buses cancelled (I think) so they wouldn't be missing much so Cindy just brought them over. They're playing outside with Carter right now. I bet Carter takes a rockin' nap this afternoon when he comes in!

Here are some pictures...methinks this stuff is here to stay...(ugh)

Flaky the SnowBoyCarter & MeCarter's Snow AngelRosy CheeksBack Outside With Dom & Noah
Carter was begging to go outside again, so that last picture was the second snow episode. He's still out there playing with his cousins.

4 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

Okay, seeing that, I need some hot cocoa. I guess I could go out and sit in the sun and drink it. . .?

Yes, it's 60 degrees here.

one word: WOW!

Friday, October 13, 2006 2:37:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah it's like 66 here now at 5:40pm. Of course I may eat those words come Monday when It says we are supposed to get snow here too.

Friday, October 13, 2006 7:10:00 p.m.  
Blogger Helen said...

I cant believe it!!!!! It seems like only yesterday you were looking for a paddling pool for the kids to cool down - and I thought we had extreme weather! WOW!! Looks great - thanks for photos - but glad its you and not me! You also educated me about different types of snow - sticky snow!! Hhmmmm - learn something new everyday! Have a good one my friend!

Friday, October 13, 2006 8:07:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG... I'm so glad I live south of you! I'm not ready for the white stuff yet! BTW, thanks for the explanation on the toque... I had no clue! :)

Sunday, October 15, 2006 2:25:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home