Mellykat's Blog!

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Freaking Snow

Oh My God. It is freaking cold out.

So yesterday we didn't leave the house. Carter wants to go play out in the snow. And I don't. Angie wants me to go make her a snow angel. Ummm. We'll see.

Yesterday for supper we had some awesome spicy deer sausage again with rice and veggies. We watched the movie "Click" with Adam Sandler...not how I expected the movie to be, but it was pretty good! I've been working for a couple days on a scrapbooking layout but I still haven't put the finishing touches on it.

I did however, do these two layouts...


Credits: "Dude" layout - Christy Sturm's Hey Champ! kit (recoloured) and calendar page from her "Where's My List" element pack. "Gweneth" layout - Christy's brand new "Scarborough Fair" kit. Only a few items are shown here of this fantastic kit. Check it out.

This morning Mom came to babysit so I could go out and run some errands. I came home and she went out for lunch then came back again and I did a bit more running around. She left and both boys were sleeping. Briefly, anyway.

Chris came home and it was a leftover type of supper. I had made some yummy homemade tortiglioni pasta with a creamy cheese sauce for Carter for lunch and he wanted more for supper. I had hotdogs and Chris had the last of the turkey in sandwiches and some veggies with dip. (Cooper had a lovely jar of chicken, rice and vegetables).

Chris was super tired from driving in this disgustingly horrible weather to Ignace for his usual Thursday run. That and everyone is rushing in to put their winter tires on because of said disgustingly horrible weather. I watched "Earl" and "ER" tonight virtually interruption-free since everyone went to bed fairly early. Cooper had a bout of gas that took awhile to get over. I gave him some gripe water and massaged his belly then nursed him back to sleep.

I have stayed up wayyyyyyyy too late again. I chatted with Angie and that was fun to catch up since it's been awhile since we actually had a conversation that wasn't interrupted by errands or kids or pooping kids. Of course I got nothing else accomplished during our conversation, but again, it was fun. Now I'm done all my stuff I wanted to get done so I'm going to get my blankie and pillow and curl up with Cooper on the floor. A couple nights ago I tried to move him from the living room floor to his bed and it was a bad move on my part since he was up for over an hour after that. So now, I will again let sleeping babies lie. And go lie down myself. Ciao!

Oh. One more little thing. I got an email from Martha Stewart today...with these AWESOME ideas for Christmas cards. They're called "All-In-One" cards, that fold to make their own envelope. Of course I had to try it and I made my own template and used Atomic Cupcake's "Sweet Holiday" kit to do the paper and ribbon and stuff and I used the gingerbread man from the kit to make a sticker to hold it closed. How Funnnnnnn. I'm showing them here only because I don't think I could make a zillion of these that I need for Christmas cards this year. I already have our photo Christmas cards designed. Just have to find the time to print them!

4 Comments:

Blogger June F. said...

We got snow here in MB to, sucks eh?! Well it's pretty much gone now but still windy.
Great Christmas cards and I guess if you had only a few to do they would be wonderful to give out. :)

Friday, October 13, 2006 11:08:00 a.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

Hey you. . . .

Sorry to have been away all day - my internet connectivity went away from 11 a.m. until now (2:30)

Yikes!

Friday, October 13, 2006 1:37:00 p.m.  
Blogger Helen said...

Great cards Melly!

Friday, October 13, 2006 8:04:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well... that is too stinking cute! I LOVE the idea and the card!

Wednesday, November 15, 2006 7:07:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home