Mellykat's Blog!

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Overdosing on Tryptophan!

Yesterday Chris had the day off. We had a pretty lazy day. Supper was at Mom's house again for round two of the seemingly-hydroponically-grown turkey. We had most of the items from Sunday again and it was gooooooood again. Auntie Lurdes and Uncle Cliff went too.

We visited for awhile after supper then Auntie & Uncle went home. We stayed and watched TV for a couple hours; we were too stuffed to move anyway. We watched "Heroes". I had never seen it before; it's a pretty good show. I like how they link all the storylines together.

We came home and Cooper was asleep in the car seat again so we brought him in the house in it and he woke up a short time after. He fell asleep again on the living room floor. I swear that's where he does his best sleeping. Maybe our carpet is made by Sealy. teehee. So instead of waking a sleeping baby, I left him all snugly with his blankies on the floor and grabbed my blanket and pillow and joined him. This time I slept on the couch and was much more comfortable. He slept until five o'clock this morning! Wow! He slept from 9-5! Then I nursed him a little and he fell asleep again! Bonus! I put him in his crib and crawled into bed.

Chris's alarm went off at six...ugh. I usually can sleep through it, which worries me for when I have to go back to work! But I managed to get a little more sleep in before Cooper woke up for the day at seven. We got up and I fed him breakfast and we played. He's really starting to use words. I think he'll speak before he'll walk! If you give him something, he says, "Thank You". I swear. I'm going to try to get it on video. Wish me luck.

Carter didn't get up until about eight-thirty. He's a good little sleeper nowadays. I'm anticipating praying for a sleepful night for him since he skipped his nap today! I started to get ready and put on my face, get dressed and do my hair. I got Cooper bathed too, and got him and Carter dressed. I had an eyebrow appointment set for eleven o'clock so we left the house before ten and stopped by my office. We did a quick Tim Horton's run for bagels and FVCs for Carter, Serena and me, and a coffee for Chris. We went to my appointment and Cooper was asleep. Carter was very good there. We went to drop off the coffee for Chris then went downtown to pick up some envelopes. Carter didn't want to go home, so I drove down to the Government dock and took this picture of him up on this ginormous rock:


We came home and played and Dad brought over some homemade turkey soup (go figure!) that Mom made and it was awesome. Kelly came over for awhile to visit and we're planning to go to Bingo tomorrow night. Chris came home from work and we had turkey sandwiches and turkey soup for supper. Mmmmmmmm. Good stuff.

I had to go to the grocery store since we were out of baby cereal (and ice cream apparently). It was already dark out, and cold, and raining heavily. By the time I got back from the store, it was SNOWING. Big honkin' flakes of snow. And it's still snowing. We're supposed to get six to eight inches of the stuff. Yikes. Everything is coated in whiteness outside. I'm sure it won't last long, but the very thought of it sends chills down my spine for various reasons. 1) It's COLD. 2) Winter is JUST around the corner; my least favourite season. 3) That means I go back to work SOON.

Which reminds me I need to arrange for a babysitter really soon too! AND I FORGOT TO MENTION... the other day (Saturday) when I ran to the store for the tortillas for the fajitas...I had the radio on Q104 and they said caller four would qualify for the draw for two tickets to see James Blunt in Winnipeg, with a suite, a dinner out, the concert and 104 spending bucks. Yours truly was lucky caller number four! So on October 20th, they do the draw. Unfortunately, the concert is on Halloween. In Winnipeg. A province away...on my baby's FIRST Halloween. Hmmm. Maybe if I win I can just 'scalp' the concert tickets and use the other items on a later date!

Anyhoo, I finally got both my boys to bed, and Carter is wearing a pull-up, which I put on him after he fell asleep (my latest trick to avoid urinated bedding EVERY day). Cooper was fussing in my arms and I could tell he was tired. I set him on a blanket on the floor and he rolled over and went to sleep in under a minute.

Now I'm going to do some scrapbooking. Christy has a new kit coming out tomorrow called Scarborough Fair (thus the new blinkie in the sidebar that I made yesterday) so I'll post a new layout tomorrow sometime. I have one done and I already have some ideas for another!

2 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

Okay ..... where do I start??? Firstly great photo - what a rock!! Secondly, you won tickets - you cant go - unbelievable! Thirdly - and might I add my favourite line of the whole blog - "Big honkin' flakes of snow" - that's what I'm talkin' about! That is why I read your blog girl! LOL!

Wednesday, October 11, 2006 1:23:00 a.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

I read it for the references to turkey. Hmmmmmm. . .turkey stew. . .turkey soup. . . turkey sandwiches. . . .

HEE!

Love it - can't believe you have snow and it's 75 degrees here!

Make a snow angel for me!

Wednesday, October 11, 2006 3:13:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home