Mellykat's Blog!

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Happy Birthday Jason!

First of all, Happy Birthday to Jason!

This morning I wasn't up for church. Literally, I wasn't up! I was up early with Cooper and managed to get him to go to sleep again. Chris took Carter for a ride to go get coffee & breakfast and I had a glorious early morning nap until about quarter to ten!

I was awakened to an extra-large French vanilla cappucino and a toasted bagel. Yum! Oh and of course Cooper too. He was up too. So Chris and I then made an awesome team effort and did some housekeeping. I moved all the furniture out of the way so he could vacuum, we took the coffee table to the basement for a time when Cooper won't be bonking himself on it from underneath or by pulling himself up when he learns to walk. I emptied and filled the dishwasher and scrubbed the kitchen sink with SOS and shined it up with Windex. Mom had stopped by during the little cleaning frenzy so she was a great help with the boys.

Cindy called to invite us for supper. I answered the phone to hear, "Roasted chicken, stuffing..." and before she could finish, I said, "You had me at 'Hello'." I was sooooooooooo perturbed last night trying to work on a couple print projects then running out of ink very quickly on my ridiculously awful printer...so I ran out this afternoon to get some more ink. Then we got ready and packed up the boys and headed to Cindy's for supper.

To finish her sentence, we had roasted chicken, carrots and turnips, salad with fantastic poppyseed dressing, stuffing, and twice-baked potatoes. Not to mention, an awesome dessert with a graham crumb crust, creamy filling and gelatin-type topping with mandarin oranges set in it. OMG so good. I was fulllllllll. Dora was there too and brought her yummy Italian cookies that I so adore and since they were still warm, I had to have. I spent the rest of the visit moaning about how good supper was and how full I was.

Cooper's been pretty fussy and he's perfected the new scream he's been working on. Carter has been awesome (not very nice to his little brother yet but we're working on that)...Carter uses the toilet and if he needs help, lets me know before he has to go. Just have to work on the pooping on the toilet part. At least he tells me he needs a pullup when he needs to go.

So I printed up a couple drafts tonight on my crapola printer (have I mentioned lately how much I STILL hate my new printer?) Yes? Broken record? Ok. I'm done my rant. I got to watch Desperate Housewives amid screams from Cooper when he had the nerve to wake up during my favourite show. Kidding. Poor kid. Not sure if it's all the teething or if he had a bellyache, but I gave him some medicine. He seems to be hating to take anything now, after the fever marathon, so that's an extra chore to get him to open his mouth for medicine. He wouldn't even open up for any gripe water. God forbid he gets as many fevers and stuff that Carter had...'cause he'd be in for a lot more medicine in that case.

I'm off to bed now I think. I don't feel like fighting with the printer this evening anymore and I'd better have a snooze in case Cooper makes another appearance before morning.

2 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

Hey girlie!

Sorry to abandon you in your hour of need last night. . .but I was soooooo sleepy.

Haven't "seen" you today. . but I figure you'll probably surface at some time.

Hugs.....

Monday, October 02, 2006 6:21:00 p.m.  
Blogger Helen said...

Hope your battle with the printer is getting better. Love the line "you had me at hello"!! LOL!! Too easy!! Nice team effort on the cleaning up! Best wishes up and over!

Monday, October 02, 2006 6:48:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home