Mellykat's Blog!

Monday, September 25, 2006

Dinner OUT!

No, nothing fancy. We just felt like getting OUT of the house for a change. We were going to go to Pizza Hut, but Carter didn't nap today, so we needed faster food. We went to Dairy Queen instead. On the way there we stopped to fill up the Jeep. Gas finally went down to a seemingly more reasonable (but still outrageous) price. It cost fifty-one bucks to fill it, and we were on fumes. That's the lowest fill-up in ages.

So we got to Dairy Queen and there was my sister with the kids! We had a visit until they were done their ice cream. We had our burgers and onion rings and Cooper ate a few of Carter's fries. Mid-meal, Carter declared he had to pee. So Chris took him out to the washroom and he made it in time. It's so cool having him trained. Now I can't wait 'til he poops on the toilet. ::Sigh:: One thing at a time.

After supper, Carter went up to the counter all by himself with his treat coupon and ordered himself an ice cream cone (please). He seemed pretty proud of himself when he came back to the table. He even remembered to say thank you to the girl behind the till. It was so cute.

On the way home, we stopped at Tim Horton's so I could do a drive-by at Kelly's. I got one for her and Ben and Doug. When we got there I saw Scott's truck. Oops. Didn't bring anything for him. I set the tray on the doorstep, rang the doorbell and ran like my butt was on fire back to the Jeep. Since I had an accomplice (Chris was driving) and had left the Jeep door open, it made for a really quick getaway. When I got home and (yay both boys were sleeping) Kelly had already sent me an IM.

So now that both boys are asleep, I might just do some scrapbooking. Aside from my fun (and aren't I punny) blog header, I still have to do the mouseover part. I think I'll do that first.

4 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

I'm still waiting for my drive by . . .of course, we need to have our doorbell fixed. Give me some warning, okie dokie?

heehee

Monday, September 25, 2006 10:47:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job Carter!
Now was that a Drive by or a drop and run? LOL! And remember I only live a day and a half drive away. LOL!

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 12:28:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

gotta love that header.. it is too cute.. I enjoy your blog.

Joy

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 2:02:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aren'y you clever indeed? i love it!!

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 12:33:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home