Mellykat's Blog!

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Next Time It's the Drill

Crikey I hate when I don't do this every day. Good thing I chat with Angie on a regular basis so I can go back and look at our conversations to see what the heck I did the day before!

So, YESTERDAY was an okay Monday. I had a good sleep Sunday night so I felt good in the morning. The boys and I had breakfast and had fun playing. When they napped I made these fun blinkies...I've made few attempts at making animated graphics but I'm getting the hang of it. I now use these in my signature at the scrapbooking web sites.

(Internet connection is SOOOOOOO slow I'll have to upload the blinkies tomorrow)

We had breakfast for supper when Chris came home. I felt like pancakes so we had pancakes and bacon for supper. After supper I had an awesome long hot shower and washed my hair. It was long overdue.

I went to bed reasonably early but had a long wakeup call from Cooper. He was up from around one-thirty until about three. Ugh. It really doesn't help that Chris and I don't see eye-to-eye on the whole ferberizing issue. If he happens to wake up and hear Cooper crying he just gets all gnarly and can't take it. So I let him cry a maximum of ten minutes and go get him. He knows I'm coming to get him so he waits me out. As soon as I walk in the room he stops crying, the little turkey.

We got up this morning and Carter was dry! Yay! Carter now loves watching "Curious George" so we have changed our tv rituals and watch a different variety of stuff. The usual stuff was getting so annoying to me and I think Carter had certain episodes memorized.

I ironed my hair and Mom came over. I did her hair too and got myself ready to go to my dentist appointment. I went in for a checkup and cleaning. They poked around and polished my teeth and perused my previous cavity that I have an appointment to fix in November. Then they did more poking around and decided there was another 'sticky spot' they needed to tend to in my November appointment. I swear with all that poking with sharp metal objects that they're making cavities for the next visit! But it's been a long time since I had to have a filling so I guess it's not so bad.

After my dentist appointment, I stopped by my office to pick up some mail and had a quick visit with some of the girls. I went home and Mom sent me out to do my grocery shopping since she was already over. I put Carter down for a nap then headed out. I did a sixty-six dollar Wal-Mart run and didn't come home with too much food. I was completely out of milk, bread and butter! Plus I needed a couple baby items and some other stuff.

I came home and Dad was over putting up some new kitchen shelves for me in my cupboards. Let me tell you...on top of having a relatively small house, I have very few kitchen cabinets. And in those cabinets, there are only two shelves in each. So Dad put in extra shelves. I rearranged all my stuff in the cupboards and now it looks like I need to do more grocery shopping! Both Mom & Dad left and I did a little more rearranging. I attempted to nap while both boys were sleeping. Carter was talking in his sleep a little, and moving around quite a bit. But I rested awhile anyway.

Kelly called just before Chris came home from her son's football game. When Chris came home Carter was still napping so I bundled up Cooper and headed over to watch the game with Kelly. It was pretty darned cold on those metal bleachers. Kelly got me to leave Cooper with her so I could go feed Chris and Carter. Chris said he wasnt' hungry yet so I loaded up some warm blankets (that my sweet mother had washed and folded) - they were still warm from the dryer. And I walked back over to the football game with the stroller and this time I remembered to bring my camera. I stayed 'til the game was over, and unfortunately our Eagles lost 16-13 but they did score a touchdown while I was there.

I came home and we had Pizza Pops for supper. What a gourmet meal. Bah haa haa. Chris went out for coffee and I had a chat with Christy and the CT gals. That's always a good time. After the chat I downloaded some new scrapbooking stuff and Angie came online so we had a chat. Speaking of Angie, you really should read her blog today. What a beautifully written ode to Autumn she has on there. I loved it. Her writing is great - so vividly descriptive.

Now it's almost quarter to one and my eyeballs are shrinking like little raisins into my sockets so I'm going to bed.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cooksalot said...

Hah! I'm still downloading. for some weird reason downstairs is sooo slow tonight. It's almost 3 and the boys have taken over my bed. I need another bed just for me.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006 3:48:00 a.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

Aw, thank you, sweetie. I love your blog, too. Thanks for giving me props in yours - and for creating mine in the first place!

Wednesday, September 20, 2006 8:24:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home