Mellykat's Blog!

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Walleye Wraps - Very Blogworthy Food

Yeah, so I slacked off again and didn't blog yesterday. Yesterday mostly involved cleaning up little people's poop. Carter three times and Cooper twice. What are these kids eating?

Mom visited after she and Dad had a luncheon for the retired teachers' group. Dad had some errands to run so he dropped Mom off. I did her hair for her and we visited.

Chris came home and we had pasta alfredo with grilled chicken. Pretty boring meal, really. I had no salad stuff and I didn't even make any veggies to go with it. There was enough for Chris to take for lunch today.

I had a couple print projects to work on. But this PRINTER IS STILL DRIVING ME CRAZY! I actually went to tech support on the HP web site and chatted online with a tekkie. He got me to download a different driver to avoid some of the troubles I was having. Unfortunately there were new issues. And the ink cartridges I got cheap at the Wilson's sale a few weeks ago ARE the right ones. Whew. BUT it looks like I still need another colour cartridge to go with them. So I'm halfway through a project and don't want to continue until it's perfect again. I don't think this printer will ever agree with me.

It was a late night and an early morning with a few wake-up calls in between. So I was a veggie this morning. We had breakfast and I was talking to Kelly on MSN and she was going for a walk to Wal-Mart. I was up for it, and got the three of us ready and met up with her. We walked to Wal-Mart and then to Tim Horton's. Carter and I shared a turkey sandwich and a bagel, and we each had a French Vanilla Cappucino.

We walked home and did not nap. The boys snoozed a little on our walk so naptime was delayed. I did actually nap for at least 45 minutes. Niiiiice.

Chris came home and I ran to the store to get the rest of the supper stuff. I picked up turkey bacon, mushrooms, grape tomatoes, an orange pepper, and a white onion. (And Smarties and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups)...oops!

I came home and started preparing the Walleye Wraps. It's been FOREVER since I last made them. The preparation is a lot of work but it is WELL worth it. I cut pieces of walleye and wrapped them in the turkey bacon and put them on the skewers, alternating with the mushrooms, peppers, onion and tomatoes. I prepared the sauce and Chris took them outside and put them on the barbecue. Because we no longer have a basting brush, it wasn't easy to put the sauce on, and Chris used up the whole bowl of sauce on the first ten skewers. So I made more sauce and Chris relinquished the grill. Here is a photo of the walleye wraps.



We had baby potatoes fresh from my parents' garden, and fresh rolls (that no, I did not bake). It was awesome. Just like I remembered them. Suppertime was almost eight o'clock. But it was worth the wait. I thought the skewers weren't going to be enough, but there are plenty left over. Chris is gonna make the guys at work drool with the lunch he's taking tomorrow!

Chris and Carter are wrestling right now. Cooper WAS in bed asleep briefly, but that didn't last. Now he's a wrestling spectator and he's wiggled himself under the coffee table again. It looks like he's a mechanic working on a car when I look over and just see the lower half of him out from under the table. It's twenty past ten and everyone is up. I guess I'll work on some more scrapbooking pages. I did two today with Christy's new kit. I get to post them tomorrow and I'm really excited about it. I might even do a couple more.

Ok...addendum to this blogpost...it's past 11:30 and Cooper's still up and miserable...Very unusual for him...he is so close to cutting a tooth I think I see a central incisor ready to poke through!!! Poor baby.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Melany. . it's not fair for you to post blog entries with PICTURES no less - when I'm starving!

Fun times. Fun times!

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 10:31:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, those look good! Recipe please.

Wednesday, September 13, 2006 8:03:00 a.m.  
Blogger Cooksalot said...

Nummers! That looks sooo good! The Butcher Block gets a fresh shipment of fish Friday. I'm thinking dinner is going to be...

Wednesday, September 13, 2006 1:42:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home