Mellykat's Blog!

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Happy 3/4 Birthday, Cooper!

Holy Crap. My baby is nine months old today. He's getting so big. He travels around the living room. Not crawling, but creeping, rolling, and squiggling on his back. He will lie on his back and arch his whole back, move his feet and skid around on the back of his head. Not my favourite way for him to travel, but he sure gets around! He loves music of any kind, including my little silly songs I sing in my horrid voice. He loves to put ANYTHING in his mouth that he can get his hands on.

Yesterday Kendra was in town from Saskatchewan and we went out for lunch at A&W with her and her sister-in-law and her two kids. After lunch Kendra came for a visit for a while.

Chris came home from work and he cooked supper. Ha ha. Well, I mean he did cook supper, but supper was pizza pops and pogos. Oh well. At least I didn't cook. We hung out and had a lazy evening.

I stayed up fairly late making stuff in Photoshop. Then when I finally went to bed, I carried Carter to bed since he had wandered out to the living room and zonked on the couch beside me. He kind of woke a little when I put him to bed and made sufficient noise to wake Cooper. I tried to do the darn Ferber thing but he was too upset so I picked him up and nursed him back to sleep. No biggie.

This morning Serena called me about some computer stuff and lucky for me she did or I'd have missed my eyebrow wax appointment with her at noon. I finished a little computer project for her and got the boys ready. I took them by stroller to my office for a bit then we walked to Serena's shop for my appointment. Ahhhhhhh. I have two eyebrows once again.

On our way home, Carter said he wanted to go to Kelly's house, and since it was directly on our way home, I said SURE!!! Carter went and rang her doorbell repeatedly until she answered the door. We sat outside and visited for a while, and her new super-comfy anti-gravity lawn chair kept me stationary for quite awhile while Carter puttered around the yard chasing basketballs and Patches.

We ventured home then got in the Jeep and went to see Chris at work to see if he'd had lunch yet. It was 1:30ish by this time and Chris was gone out of town to do some farm tires. So I drove around for a bit with the boys and stopped at Dairy Queen to pick up some lunch. I dropped Chris's lunch off and drove home. By this time, both boys were asleep in the Jeep. I didn't want to wake them up so I ate my Flamethrower burger parked in the driveway before I took the boys in the house.

Mom stopped by for a while after her lunch date with her sisters and she brought Carter a cute little golf set and a puzzle. He was quite enchanted with the golf set and carried it around the house waiting for Chris to come home from work so he could take it outside to play with it. It worked well in the house too for quite awhile.

We had supper then Chris took Carter outside to play. I went out with Cooper to see what they were up to, and asked Chris if he wanted to go for a walk, thinking I already knew the answer to that question, but he surprised me and said yes. Whoa. Who are you, and what have you done with my husband? We walked to Safeway and picked up some milk. Not a marathon by any means, but I'm just glad he wanted to go for a walk. He even pushed the stroller. We couldn't just buy milk; we apparently needed a hyuuuuuge box of tortilla chips and a monstrous jar of salsa. Baby cereal and Smarties made their way into the grocery bags too.

We walked home and got the boys ready for bed. I'm about ready to hit the hay myself. And it's only eleven o'clock. I'm beat. I did take a few pictures today, but the camera is all the way at the other end of the house (like ten feet away. haha) so I'll check them out tomorrow and see if they are blogworthy.

In the meantime, I'll leave you with my favourite commercial. The DQ Flamethrower commercial. It still makes me laugh.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girl, you rock! Great blog! Great stories! Great kids!

Great gosh a mighty - it's late. I'm going to bed!

Wednesday, September 06, 2006 11:16:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the way, my new "blog" activity. . .when I type in the cryptic "word" I try to pronounce it. It's like some Klingon swear words. Pretty "nrgku" funny, man!

Wednesday, September 06, 2006 11:17:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for the freebies! Happy Birthday to your son. My b-day is this month too -- 09/07. September -- WOO!

Friday, September 08, 2006 9:04:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home