Mellykat's Blog!

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

My Spiffy New Toy!


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Wahee, lookie me! I've been so tempted for so long to get a new camera. There wasn't anything WRONG with my other camera (Kodak 5.0MP) but this one is sweeeeeeeeet. It's 6.0MP, takes movies with sound (so did my other one) and it's the size of a deck of cards and the screen is way bigger than the old one. The list goes on as far as features and image quality go, but suffice it to say I loooooooooove my new toy.

So both my boys slept through the night last night. Yippee! And Carter got up dry. Yay! But he made up for it by pooping in his big boy gotchies this morning. I caught him after the first turd hit the fabric. (I know, I'm sick but I'm so tired.) I pleaded with him to try the toilet, but no go. So I managed to get him to wear a pull-up. He finished his business and proceeded to take off the pull-up by pulling it down, resulting in streaking his legs with the stuff. He dumped the main event into the toilet, as he had seen me do with the opening act, but he was a mess. So into the tub he went.

I got him all cleaned up then a while later he was walking out of his room kind of holding up his foot as he walked. There was another little turd on the bottom of his foot. I dreaded asking him where he took off that dreaded pull-up and where he stepped on said turd. But I never found any more anywhere so I think we're in the clear. At least Cooper was kind enough to refrain from pooping today.

Mom called and we went to her house for lunch. Cindy was there with the 5 kids and we all had lunch. The kids were busy catching frogs outside and bringing them inside. They had quite a collection. I haven't seen that many frogs there since we used to have contests catching them at my birthday parties back in the day!

We came back to town and headed for Wal-Mart, where I purchased my new toy. I'm pretty sure I'm sold on it, but I have the option to return it if I'm not satisfied. I'm pretty sure I'm in love. I just have to figure out a few more things. So far so good.

After Wal-Mart, we came home. Carter played outside for a bit and I started taking pictures using the new camera. Here is the very first picture I took followed by one that Chris took shortly after.


Mom and I went to Bingo tonight. Unfortunately we didn't win anything, but it's always fun to get out. Chris did well with both boys again so this is definitely going to be a regularly-scheduled event. I got home and finally caught up a little with Angie. Now I'm off to bed. And it's not quite midnight. Seven minutes to spare!

3 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

Great new toy Melly! Very cleverly shown on blog you whizz! In bed before midnight - are you sick!?!? And yes....get the hubby used to the kids whilst you go and win your fortune at BINGO! clickety click 66!!

Thursday, August 24, 2006 12:26:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with Helen. . . great job on picking out a GREAT camera! (And it's always good to have a decent back up)

Sorry the chat last night was so brief, but it felt GOOOD to sleep.

I'm chatting with you while I type this, so, I gotta go. . .some woman keeps interrupting my post with an IM. . .

hee hee

Thursday, August 24, 2006 1:06:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! Love how you showcased your new "toy." How fun.

Thursday, August 31, 2006 11:57:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home