Mellykat's Blog!

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Mount St. Laundry

(My affectionate term for the endless laundry spewing forth from my house...)

Mount St. Laundry

Crikey we have wayyyyy too many clothes in this house. This morning I bailed on church again. I was awake in time to get myself and the boys ready, but by that time, Cooper was finally asleep again, so I zonked a little longer. When I finally got up, it was too late.

So I launched into laundry mode. I started doing a few loads of laundry, and I brought up four baskets of already-clean laundry from the basement including what was in the dryer to sort and put away and donate to the Salvation Army. Chris played the role of "Awesome Husband" and took both the boys for at least an hour. I cranked music on the computer and wittled away at the gargantuan task at hand. I think I ended up doing five loads of washing. I purged two large clear lawn and garden bags full of clothing and there is more to follow. I sure opened up a can of worms with this project. There is so much to do. I still need to swap closets with the boys and there are baskets and bins of clothing everywhere. And I still have about 4 loads of clothing and two or three loads of towels and blankets to wash. Yikes.

We were invited to Cindy's for supper today, so thankfully I didn't have to cook and worked on the laundry situation as long as I could. Cindy and the boys got home after we got there. My parents followed a little later. Supper was amazing as usual. We had duck soup (that was a new one on me - and it was goooooooooood). We had roast beef and roast duck (also new to me and good), rice casserole, sweet potatoes (which I usually detest but they were gooooooood), salad, corn on the cob and four (yes, FOUR) types of pie for dessert. I opted to try the sugar pie, and it was a very good move on my part. I went back for seconds. Awesome. Needless to say, we were all stuffed.

We visited for a while after supper then we headed home. I still had another load of wash waiting to go in the dryer. I emptied the dryer and dried the last of the laundry I was going to wash for the day. Man there is still so much to do. Hopefully Carter and Cooper will help me tomorrow so I can finish. Yeah right! I'm gonna go hit the pillow right now...oh but here's a picture of Cindy's and my boys taken after supper tonight...

4 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

This is sssooo funny because I can ssssoo relate to it. As a person who is meant to be doing washing (laundry) right this minute I am happy to say you have not made me feel one bit guilty! Rule the blogspot!

Sunday, August 13, 2006 11:36:00 p.m.  
Blogger Cooksalot said...

Such a cute picture. Notice I by passed the laundry subject? I'm glad I'm not the only one. I honestly thought it was just a defect on my part. So you're not alone!

Monday, August 14, 2006 2:17:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm doing laundry as I comment on your blog - so I have no guilt! hee hee!!!

Love it - love the song. . .what a great idea!

Monday, August 14, 2006 11:17:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can completely relate. What I want to know is why is it you can have so many clothes yet still have nothing to wear???

Monday, August 14, 2006 4:38:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home