Mellykat's Blog!

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Carter & Cooper's Sweet New Ride


Carter & Cooper's Sweet New Ride


I saw this stroller on the CKDR web site last night. We have a double stroller already, but this one has a few more features. So I emailed the girl selling it to tell her I was interested. She emailed me back this morning with this picture and said there was someone else that might be coming to take a look at it today.

I hustled and rustled up the boys and got them and myself dressed. I threw on my face and snagged some nice wrinkly clothes out of the dryer and headed out. I stopped by to tell Chris at work that we were headed to Vermilion Bay to check it out. As soon as I saw it, it was SOLD. We folded it up and I had it in the back of the Jeep and we were on our way.

I was thinking of taking the boys to Fort Vermilion to play, but I figured they'd be a bit of a handful without Chris or someone there to help me wrangle them both. So instead, we stopped in at Cedar Point Lodge - the tourist camp I used to work at. Since it's Saturday, changeover day, I figured everyone would be around. Yes, they were! And we had a good visit with Pat, Sharon, and Janel. I met some of the new staff. I still miss them bigtime. I started working there in 1994 when they were expecting their first child. She's going to be TWELVE on Tuesday. Man that hurts my brain. I can't believe how time flies.

We got back to town just as Chris was almost finished work. We stopped at McDonald's drive-thru and came home. Chris got home shortly after we did and we all had lunch. Even Cooper tried a fry. I was hoping the boys would take a nap, but they were going strong for a couple hours after lunch. They finally both went to sleep. Cooper first. Carter much later. So I think I might have napped about a half an hour somewhere in there.

I got up and emptied the dishwasher and started to make supper. I started with one of those chicken soft taco kits and doctored it up. I added onions and mushrooms to the chicken and seasonings. They were really good. We had pineapple and blueberries for dessert. Cooper ate a whole bunch of blueberries. I squished them a little so he could chew them and he made them disappear. He's getting so good at feeding himself. Cheerios on the high chair tray are certainly no challenge for him to pick up and eat by himself. Or anything else that's within arm's reach for him!

After supper Chris went to Cindy's for a visit. She's in Thunder Bay with the boys. So it's a quiet evening chez Groves. We're just watching a dinosaur movie for the zillionth time! As soon as the eyelids close on the little ones, I'm heading for bed too. I think this is my earliest blogpost in ages! Good night y'all!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

love it. . love it. . .love it. The stroller looks great. Dinner sounded scrumptious. . .and as always, I love the little glimpse into the life and times of the Groves family. Wish I was there squishing blueberries for Cooper.

Saturday, August 12, 2006 9:46:00 p.m.  
Blogger Helen said...

Here, here Angie! Ace new wheels Groveses! Scrummy dinner and now for some shut eye! Nighty night!

Sunday, August 13, 2006 3:46:00 a.m.  
Blogger Cooksalot said...

sounds like a nice day. Love that stroller. I'm sure you'll put it to good use. Oh and just in case you haven't seen this phenomenon. Too many blueberries equal blue grainy poop. (heehee)both boys at some time in their daiper days freaked out more than one person with this little (uh) over indugence of blueberries.

Monday, August 14, 2006 2:12:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe it has been so long since the CPL days! I saw Janelle just a few weeks ago and couldn't get over how big she was. I certainly miss those days as well, especially with Marsha, you and Janel (although not always the early Saturday mornings)!

Monday, August 14, 2006 11:29:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool stroller! We love our jogging stroller even though we don't jog. It's great through the ice and snow too. ;-)

LOVE the new look too!

Monday, August 14, 2006 4:36:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home