Mellykat's Blog!

Monday, July 31, 2006

Mmmm. Is That Barbecue I Smell? Nope, That Would Be Me!

Ugh. Chris's first day back at work after being off for two weeks! Ugh. Turns out it wasn't so bad. Kelly is back from camping and MSN'd me to say she was heading out to her pool later in the morning. I got the boys all juiced up with sunscreen and went to Kelly's around 11:30. Ben said she was washing her truck so we left and found her at the carwash.

I decided that with the extra time we could visit Chris at work. He was ready for lunch, so we brought him a combo from Dairy Queen. I tried one of the onion rings and they were so good we went back to Dairy Queen and I got myself a flamethrower combo with onion rings and a kid's pack for Carter. Then we went back to Kelly's. I sat on the grass and ate my glorious burger and onion rings. Awesome. Then we all started lounging in the pool. I ran home to get all our floatie toys and lifejackets that I should have brought in the first place.

Carter and Cooper both had a blast in the pool. So did I. Around 3:30 or so, Carter started to say he wanted to come home. We were about done, so I rounded up all our gear and packed up the Jeep. I swear Carter was zonked before I finished backing out of the driveway. We came home and I carried two sleeping boys into the house and did some stuff on the computer. Chris came home after a pretty good day at work. Since I was out playing all afternoon, there was no supper to be found so it was a double fast food day. Gee I'm disgusting. I went to McDonald's and brought home supper.

It was my parents' 41st anniversary, and they were out for supper. They stopped by after and I gave them a card, lottery ticket, and ice cream for dessert. Cindy had stopped by earlier too so I got to see all my main peeps. It wasn't until I bathed the boys that I realized I was cooked. I didn't 'feel the burn' but I was pretty red and seemed to get redder as time wore on.

I did a photo project for the girls at work for their friend who is moving away. I stayed up until forever working on it and got progressively more cranky with my new printer. What a piece of CRAP. It works great, prints great, but doesn't print what it says it's going to. It does a print preview in which the layout looks completely different from what it actually belches out. Peeves me bigtime. I managed to eventually get a reasonable facsimile of what I wanted from it. In the meantime I was trying to burn all the picture files on a disc and it didn't work. Twice. I decided to go to bed a few minutes past three. And that's precisely when Cooper got up for the second time. And he was ready to PARTY. I nursed him a little to try to get him to sleep, then put him back in his crib. He wasn't crying at least, but he was noisily happily playing. I forgot to mention Carter was sleeping in my bed with Chris. Sideways. So I went in Carter's room and curled up in his little toddler bed. I think I got about 2.5 hours of sleep so pardon me if my next post isn't titled 'Bright-eyed and Bushy-tailed'.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

must be one great story :)

Tuesday, August 01, 2006 7:06:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i want a glorious burger... pout pout... seriously i am jonesing big time

Tuesday, August 01, 2006 12:57:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and to make up for disappearing for a few days... i am leaving many annoying comments.. you will have to put those blocks on the comments back on...
when did you add the thanks for visiting thing to the header... i just noticed it today... i love that... i want that... pouting again... burger and animated header... i want it

Tuesday, August 01, 2006 1:00:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and just one jmore... then i am going upstairs to do DVDs with the girls...
i did like your recipe card last week,,, and plan to make it this week

Tuesday, August 01, 2006 1:03:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home