Mellykat's Blog!

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

The Fish Fry Where I Gained Five Pounds!

When I blogged earlier, I neglected to mention (because at the time I forgot) that there was a fish-fry at my parents' house for supper today. Mom summoned as much family as is still in town and we had a hyuuge feast. Dad deep-fried a ton of battered fish, there was potato salad, coleslaw, my oriental salad, beans, lasagne, chantrelle mushrooms, buns, fresh blueberry pies and rhubarb pies. Hope I didn't forget anything, because it was all very blogworthy! I pigged out big time. Silly me...I weighed myself after supper and I was five pounds heavier than the last time we ate there. Yikes!

This oriental salad recipe card was inspired by Beth, who posted a really cool smoothie recipe card on her blog...this recipe is from my sister Cindy, and I used Christy's Kodoku kit from Butternug Squash Designs. (Click to enlarge image)

Click for larger image

Let's see, who all was there? My parents, the four of us, Cindy & family, Auntie Nancy, Christine & Keith and Paige & Ethan, Uncle Barry & Auntie Maggie, Marnie & Sean and Kaia & Vann, Uncle Bob & Auntie Josie, Uncle Cliff & Auntie Lurdes and Kevin. Whew 28 of us. And that's not even the whole clan! But it's so great to see my mom with all her sisters and get together with as much family as possible!

A while after supper the group started to dwindle as everyone left. Christine & Keith and the kids are staying at Cindy's tonight. So we were the last to leave and I played Yahtzee for a while with Mom and Auntie Nancy. By 10:30 or so, Carter was done. "I want to go home". So we packed up all our luggage and headed for home. It was a beautiful day. (And I'm still full!) It's now almost 1:00 as I'm finally finished posting...I'm heading for bed.

2 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

6pm we chat and you are getting ready - four hours later and five pounds later....how much fish did you eat girl???? Oh well, there will be no stopping you now - brain food isn't it? Goodness tomorrow (today for me) it will be like you swallowed a dictionary! Hahaha!

Thursday, July 27, 2006 2:19:00 a.m.  
Blogger Cooksalot said...

Sounds like you had a blast! what a great gathering you had. I have to ask too. How much did you eat?! five pounds? That's a lot of good eats.LOL!
That is a great recipe card. I just printed it up on a 4x6 photo and it looks great!

Thursday, July 27, 2006 12:14:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home