Mellykat's Blog!

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

That Ain't Pea Soup - We've Just Had A Poop-Smearing Incident...

Portions of this entry are dedicated to the Sarcastic Journalist. Her blog often speaks to me.

Last night sucked at around 2:30 in the morning. I actually went to bed "early" at 12:30ish. Carter woke up at 2:30 crying. He had fallen asleep on his floor watching a movie. That part is no biggie. But he had peed in his shorts and frrrrrrrrreaked when I tried to put a pull-up on him. His obstreperous outburst woke Cooper so I scooped him up and left Carter hissy-fitting and nursed Cooper back to sleep. That was lucky. Went back to Carter and managed to get him to settle eventually. He had a big-ass nap at Mom's yesterday at around suppertime. I tried to wake him after an hour or so, and my Mom said, "Let him sleep"...2.5 hours later or so he finally got up. I told Mom if she didn't have company I would have called her at 2:30 to say thanks for letting him have such a long nap! The woman never sleeps so she would have been up anyway. Here are a couple pictures of Cooper and my cousin's baby from yesterday...



We got up this morning and Chris went out for coffee then to buy a few pails of driveway sealer. Our driveway hasn't been done in years so we figured it would spruce it up a bit. He did a nice job. Meanwhile, Cindy brought over the four kids so she could go out for lunch. They were great, but Carter turns into a lunatic when they get here. He just gets excited and goes cuckoo the whole time.

After they left I was getting ready to go grocery shopping to buy some steaks for supper. I was fixing my hair with the hair dryer and I could hear Chris mumbling about something in the living room. I went to find out what the matter was. Cooper was playing in his little 'step & play' piano and Chris could see something under his feet all over the piano keys. He thought someone spilled pea soup and Cooper was doing the 'wet banana' dancing with his little feet in it. Turns out he had a massive poop. I put a blanket on the floor and Chris set him on it. Cooper was of course oblivious to his mess, and was happily kicking his feet. The piano was messed...up. I had butt duty and Chris cleaned up the piano. I had to take the fabric seat off it and wash it and Chris cleaned up all the smeared poop from all over the piano keys. Yikes what a mess. No, I didn't take any pictures. Here's to SJ for dealing with this on an ongoing basis. My hat goes off to you! (But it might have some poop smeared on it)

I went to the grocery store and picked up the steaks and marinated them. Chris and Carter fell asleep in the living room so when Cooper zonked out while I was nursing him, I took a nap too. Supper was quick to prepare. The steaks took about 9 minutes. We had pan-fried mushrooms, baked potatoes and snap peas (addicted to these). For dessert we had mutant raspberries and Carter had fun with them.





After supper Chris took Carter outside to play on his new climber. Cooper fell asleep, and I was dying for some ice cream so I did a DQ run. I had my usual Reese Peanut Butter Cup Blizzard. I managed to juggle it with a baby cone for Carter and a blizzard for Chris plus a Mr. Misty for Carter in case he changed his mind about the ice cream cone fit in the cup holders. I drove about 50 miles per hour most of the way home and didn't drip a drop of ice cream.







We all came in and had our ice cream and Carter fell asleep shortly thereafter. Now my blog is done and I must sleep.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Before anyone (me) says anything about being the first to comment on the blog, I must admit that I was chatting with you while you posted and nearly lost this precious blog entry.

Love the mutant berries. . I must move to CANADA!

I'd even help clean your carpet, my friend! Go to sleep!

Tuesday, July 18, 2006 11:30:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh yeah baby... go to sleep... this is how i survived birthing and mothering all my babies... when it got too bad, I decided sleep would fix it.. maybe the clean up fairy would come while i slept... maybe they would get toilet, world, polite society trained before i woke up, and btw, those are some mighty big words you are using there, chica...

Tuesday, July 18, 2006 11:53:00 p.m.  
Blogger Helen said...

Last today.........hhmmmmm have to reconsider this time difference thing! So Melany, just another normal day in the Groveses household - yeah for having kids! Take a deep breath and go and smell the flowers!

Wednesday, July 19, 2006 1:27:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home