Mellykat's Blog!

Thursday, July 13, 2006

The Days Are Just Packed

Oh man, I love Summer! Today was a fantastic day. (It's technically Thursday, but I'm writing this as if it's still Wednesday night). Fantastic! First of all the boys and I slept in. Late! I mean of course Cooper and Carter both got me up in the night four hundred times, but they made up for it!

We had breaky and I coloured my hair and did a bit of scrapbooking. Kelly sent an IM to say she was going out to hop in the pool and said to bring the boys over. I didn't do my hair or face since we were headed over to swim anyway; I just hopped out of the shower, put bathing suits on all three of us and we left. All of a sudden Carter is a little fish in the water - I can't get this kid to let me wash his hair in the tub without freaking out hysterically, but I ran home to get some floatie toys and came back and Kelly already had him dunking right under all by himself! Now I just have to worry that he's getting TOO brave! Cooper was sleeping for the first while, but he woke up and came in for a swim too. I put him in the little boat thingie and he kicked his little feet and just happily floated around. It was so much fun. I took lots of pictures (see below!)

After we left Carter said "ice cream" and I sure didn't argue on a hot hot day like today! We went to Dairy Queen and picked up cones and took one to Chris at work. I felt bad for the other guys that were drooling over the prospect of a cool refreshing snack, but I felt like a "good woman" bringing a treat to my hubby! We got home and relaxed for a bit before Chris came home. Mom had called earlier to invite us for supper and again, I sure didn't argue!

Chris came home and we went to Mom & Dad's for supper. We had an amazing moose roast, lighter-than-air mashed potatoes and gravy, and sugar snap peas. I ate so much I'm surprised I didn't have to roll myself home. Carter wanted to swim again so Mom took him in the lake. He was being a radical little jumper and jumping off the dock to my Mom. He also walked in up to his neck! Like I said, now I just have to worry that he's getting too brave!

Cindy and family came out to visit and I took a bunch more pictures of the kids jumping off the dock - a few turned out to be great action shots of them in mid-air. They were really "styling it out!" After the kids were done swimming, Jessica was wringing out her shorts over the edge of the deck and suddenly said she was stung on her lip by something...turns out there was a humongous wasp/hornet nest under the deck and she must have ticked them off...Her lip swelled up like Will Smith in Hitch...big time! We were all getting ready to head home anyway, so they were going to break out the Benadryl when they got home. We tried to cheer her by telling her celebrities pay big bucks for lips like those! I hope she's feeling better.

We came home and I had a lot of computer catching up to do. I chatted with Angie and caught up on the forum at Butternug Squash Designs. There is another new creative team member...congratulations Karen! And I can officially post some brand new layouts with Christy's new kit called "Katie"...this kit will be released before the weekend and it's so great!


I also uploaded pictures from my camera - holy buckets I took 103 pictures since last night! Thank God for digital cameras! There were so many fun pictures to choose from and so many of each event, but here are some of my favourites...starting with Carter jumping off the couch last night...to pool fun at Kelly's...to more water fun at Mom & Dad's house. And OMG Cooper was cyuuuute in that little car!
















It was a fun-filled day! And just 2.5 more workdays for Chris until he's off to enjoy it with us!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i do like being the first commenter... those layouts are fabulous... and that reminds me i need to upload photos off the camera also.
and still getting used to the idea of moose roast anything... BIL served us moose sausage Boxing Day and there was this story of looking the moose in the eyes to accompany the sausage.. being a canadian presents challenges...

Thursday, July 13, 2006 6:57:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just love that I got a "prop" in your blog! Wheee!

Thursday, July 13, 2006 1:04:00 p.m.  
Blogger Helen said...

You are a whizz! Just got to keep on improving and changing! How can I keep up - you inspire and motivate me to do more - thanks Melany. Friend from downunder!

Friday, July 14, 2006 10:31:00 p.m.  
Blogger Helen said...

Not only am I going to have to scraplift you but I am going to have to bloglift you - is that rude?

Friday, July 14, 2006 10:56:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home