Mellykat's Blog!

Friday, July 07, 2006

The Blue Screen of Death

Yesterday morning I awoke to Cooper in the usual fashion. (He turned 7 months old yesterday.) After I got him back to sleep I checked my email. I then was greeted with the "blue screen of death". My computer was saying something about something being bad or malicious and it was taking some kind of dump. blah blah blah. I restarted it and ran all my anti-spyware and anti-virus stuff and cleaned out only a couple things. But my main concern was backing up all my photos again and all my digital scrapbooking stuff.

Whoa. We're talking three DVDs worth of stuff here...over 12 gigs that I needed to backup and transfer to the other computer. And that's just stuff over the past couple months! So I'm all backed up again and all seems well.

Before I did all that backing up, (that took all morning) I did go back to bed until eight o'clock. Carter was next to wake me. It is so sweet how he touches my cheek and whispers "Wake up, Mom". A far cry from how he used to jump on the bed and yell at me. Big improvement.

I got myself and the boys ready and we met up with my friend Diane for lunch at Arroma Pizza at the Best Western. Cooper was asleep so I carried him in in the car seat and Carter was such a good boy. Mind you, he was on Benadryl for a ginormously inflated bug bite on the back of his leg. Before lunch arrived, he snuggled up to me and fell asleep for about 15 minutes. Then he awoke and happily ate his pizza and fries. We had a great lunch and an even better visit with Diane. We stopped at Dairy Queen for ice cream cones and headed home.

Chris came home from work and took Carter out to play. Cooper was napping. I was tired and hungry. So I scarfed down the leftover spaghetti and went to lie down. I was in a coma for about a half hour when there was a loud knock at the door. I was in such a deep sleep that I jumped out of my skin and ran to the door. It was Chris's friend from work. I tried to go back to sleep but Cooper woke up too. It was a pretty good nap after all.

Mom and Dad came over after they went out for supper and brought a movie. "Failure to Launch". I missed a few parts of it due to baths and bedtimes for the boys, but I think it was a good movie. I really would have preferred to see Matthew McConaughey's nekked butt over Terry Bradshaw's but oh well. We have it for the whole week so I'm going to try to watch the whole thing again. I went to bed "early"...11:00 and slept well until Cooper had me up around one o'clock I think. I'm such a robot that I just get up and nurse him back to sleep and crawl back into my coma fairly easily.

We got up this morning and had kind of a pajama day. Cindy called to ask if the kids could come over so I at least got dressed and put on my face and brushed my hair. Turned out she didn't need me, but they came over for a visit anyway. Chris came home from work and pressure-washed the driveway so he can paint that tar stuff on it. Carter went out to play while Cooper napped and I was smashing my head against the wall trying to figure out how to add a third column to my blog. I am so close and yet so far. I know only a smidgen about HTML so my web publishing talents are quite limited. I am looking to a couple forums (or fora) for help. You may see changes here soon.

Chris's Dad and his girlfriend came over for a visit for a while this evening. Carter was being a performance artist and a copycat. He was jumping all over and doing somersaults and repeating everything everyone said. It was pretty funny. Now it's after 11:00 and I think he's finally fallen asleep. My turn too...I'm tired. And Yay it's the weekend!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ask me for help.. i know a smidgen plus another smidgen and maybe a touch on top of that, but i have connections, hehe
seriously....

Saturday, July 08, 2006 9:20:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home