Mellykat's Blog!

Monday, July 03, 2006

Crap. Video Games in My Living Room

Chris was off again today, and he and Carter played outside. A lot! They waxed the Jeep (yay!) and all kinds of stuff, including playing catch. It was so cool to watch. They went out for coffee together, while Cooper and I took a marathon nap. I was so lazy today that I didn't even put on my face. So I was very relaxed. We even had takeout for supper. I actually did a little organizing early in the day but I quickly put a stop to that!

Quite some time ago, our VCR crapped out and has been blinking all crazy since. Wouldn't record, play or even power up. Weird. More recently, our DVD player must have eaten the same thing...it's toasty-fried too. We were watching a borrowed movie from Kelly a couple weeks ago, and it stopped dead in the middle of the movie. Couldn't power up, down, eject, nada. I worked my magical electronic voodoo on it and scared it into submission, getting it to eject at least. We finished watching the movie on the computer. So since then it has still been acting screwy and won't get through a whole DVD. That was our expensive Panasonic DVD player that we purchased with our stereo system. The El-Cheapo one in Carter's room plays every kind of DVD and was only thirty bucks. That one of course still works!

So, instead of depriving Carter of having movies in his own room (God forbid a three-year-old wouldn't have his own DVD player for a while)...instead Chris brought up his Sony Playstation 2 from the rec room. It plays DVDs so Chris of course says it's saving us from having to buy another DVD player. Yeah. Saving us. Right. Having it in the basement was saving ME from having to listen to noisy video games and the thrash metal sub soundtrack that goes along with them. And it was saving my little son from becoming a video game junkie. They're playing some smash'em crash'em car game that is jarring my brain from its very stem as I blog this. Ugh.

On a happier note, Cooper chowed down quite a bit of rice cereal and he's happily playing in his bouncy seat. Pictures from today...and a little video of Cooper gumming a Cheerio. Too cute!





5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Next Stop ... Fruit Loops!

Monday, July 03, 2006 9:12:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

froot loops. .. captain crunch. .. frosted flakes. ..

ooh, girl, there's a whole world of sugary goodness awaiting him!

Tuesday, July 04, 2006 12:26:00 a.m.  
Blogger Cooksalot said...

Hahahaha! I just love the faces babies make when they eat stuff. Yep just wait till he discovers Fruit Loops!

Tuesday, July 04, 2006 1:06:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Melly,
Its Marsha here, even though I posted this anonymously. I read your blog. THis is a great way for me to keep connected to you. Sometimes it makes me teary eyed!! Everyone looks good there! Happy Belated Birthday by the way. I thought of you on your birthday in my head but the funny thing is, I didn’t just think to myself “oh its melany’s b-day” I actually had a vision of you saying, “me and Canada!” in your usual fashion.

Tuesday, July 04, 2006 12:42:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

priceless... really i laughed and laughed

Wednesday, July 05, 2006 6:43:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home