Mellykat's Blog!

Sunday, July 02, 2006

A Beautiful Weekend

Well, yesterday turned out to be a nice day! The wedding was beautiful. We sort of lazed about for the morning and early afternoon then got ready for the ceremony at 3:00. After that we came home to change and took a walk downtown to check out if there were any festivities going on. Turns out it was close to five o'clock by the time we got there...it only felt like early afternoon and things were all done. We had a snack from the fish'n'chip truck and walked home. Chris and Carter played outside for a bit then we got ready to go to the reception. The reception was at Chris's aunt's house. They had one of those hyuge tents set up on their lawn. Everything was wonderfully decorated and the whole wedding was very pretty.

During dinner we had a good visit with the Groveses from Ignace and Thunder Bay...Chris's aunt, uncle, and cousins. After the speeches, the boys were getting a little antsy, though they were both excellent both at the ceremony and the reception. We left about 9:00 and drove to see Cindy and the family. All the kids are covered head to toe in spots...not just Dominic. We had a little visit and then we left to go see the fireworks. As we drove back into Dryden, we could see them over the skyline of the "city"...instead of going to Flat Rock to watch, where the traffic would have been atrocious, we went to the government dock. Both babes were sound asleep. I couldn't wake Carter at all. So we watched from inside the Jeep for a few minutes and left. We scoped out a perfect location to watch the fireworks next year but I'm certainly not posting it in blogland in case any more than one person ever reads this! lol

So that was my 35th birthday. Sad how when you get all growed up it's not really all about you anymore. I had a little pityparty for myself that I didn't hear from absolutely everyone that I know, and that there was no cake. I suppose I could kick Chris's butt for that part but oh well. Thank you so much to everyone for all the calls, emails and presents. I am still very spoiled as usual!

Today after a couple wake up calls from Cooper through the night, I was permitted to sleep in! Wow. Until after nine o'clock! Cooper got up at 9:09. I was amazed. I still could have slept more of course, but I was happy to make it that late! Needless to say I missed church. We all got ready though to go out for breakfast with all the family after church. We went to the P.I. to meet up with them, but the place was packed. So we tried A&W...packed! We gave up on a restaurant breakfast and went grocery shopping instead. We came home and I made an awesome breakfast here. It was more like brunch or even lunch by that time, but it was great. Chris took Carter outside to play and they washed the Jeep. Meanwhile, Cooper napped, and I did too! I slept at least an hour with no interruptions. It was yummy.

After Cooper's and my nap, it was Carter and Chris's turn to nap so Cooper and I went to do a Wal-Mart run. All I needed to buy were diapers and a bug sponge. How did that cost ninety dollars? Oh yeah. Because I didn't exactly follow the list. It was fun because it was the first time Cooper sat up like a big boy right in the shopping cart. It's been long enough since I took him there that he wasn't sitting up yet then. We came home and started supper. We had barbecued beef tenderloin, baked potatoes, snow peas and fried mushrooms. One of my favourite suppers. Corn on the cob would have been preferred, but the store didn't have any today!

Chris and Carter played outside again, so I took Cooper out too. He went in his swing for the first time and he really seems to like it! I brought him in and gave him a bath. He goes all crazy in the tub and kicks and splashes bigtime. I was soaked! I dried him off and lotioned him up and put him in his jammies. Chris and Carter came in and Carter is still going strong. I really need to modify his naptime and duration!

Tomorrow Chris is off again so hopefully the weather continues on this beautiful trend and we can go to the beach or something!


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

All I can is, "Wow!"

Melany, it's amazing what you can accomplish (blog-wise) when I'm away from my computer, and am unavailable to drag you into hours of IM conversation! LOL

Monday, July 03, 2006 12:14:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home