Mellykat's Blog!

Sunday, July 09, 2006

The Weekend: A Fun-Filled Family Day and Holy Crap...I Baked Something!

Late Friday night...After I gave up trying to put the third column in my blog and go to bed, Cooper woke up. It was almost 2 o'clock a.m. I sat at the computer to feed him. I switched the mouse over to the left side of the keyboard and still fiddled around with the html code some more. It finally worked! I could finally rest. I put Cooper to bed and crashed.

Saturday morning was the usual breakfast and play time with the boys. Chris came home from work at noon. After he showered and stuff, he took Carter outside to play. I dressed Cooper and brought him out too. Chris was getting out the kite I got from Marsha a few years back. It was a gorgeous hot day and the wind was ideal for kite flying. He decided to go across the street to the high school football field to fly it so I put Cooper in the single stroller and Chris pulled Carter in the wagon and we headed over to fly the kite.

We had fun taking turns holding the kite, then it took bloody FOREVER to wind that sucker back in! Then it was time to go to the park. We walked up the rocks to Lion's Park. Carter took a zillion turns on the slide and Carter and I teeter-tottered with Chris. I would have needed Cooper on there too to balance, but it was fun. We were laughing our heads off at ourselves. Chris and Carter went on the swing. I tried to set Cooper down on the sand to go help Carter get up on the swing with Chris, but the poor little guy tipped over and his freshly sunscreened face hit the sand. He didn't cry but I think he had his first taste of dirt. I'm sure there will be more. Cooper and I went on the slide too then Cooper went on the baby swing. We walked home the long way, and I started to get supper ready.

For our late supper we had pan-fried breaded and seasoned walleye and steamed potatoes and corn. Mmmmm. We watched TV a while then everyone went to sleep. Got up a couple times with Cooper then slept in until after 8 o'clock. Carter didn't get up until 9:00!

Chris had left early this morning to go fishing with Greg. They went to Williams' Bay on Lac Seul. It's about an hour's drive or so. We had a very sleep day around here. After lunch we had a kickass nap. Yay! Cooper and Carter napped at the same time! We all slept from about noon until 2:30. I only had one phone call; my reminder of my appointment to donate blood on Tuesday. Chris got home around 6:00 and made batter to deep-fry some fish. Mom and Dad stopped by when they got back to town from going to Thunder Bay for a 50th Anniversary party. They would have stayed and gone to Silver Islet after, but Dad has to work tomorrow.

Chris took Carter outside for a while then we watched some TV. Out of the blue Chris said "I feel like cupcakes". I checked the cupboards and found a cake mix and one of those cans of icing and I was officially in the cupcake making business. Carter enjoyed licking the spoon. I remember doing that when I was little too! So we had chocolate cupcakes baked with Skor toffee bits in them, chocolate icing and candy star sprinkles. I must say they rocked. I really should bake more often.

Well I'm finally starting to feel more awake now and it's almost 11:00. I guess I'm just a night person. I wonder if I'll ever get a full night's sleep? Maybe in a couple years I guess. It took Carter a long time to sleep through the night. He just started full time sleeping through the night only a few months ago. I got a couple scrapbook pages done this weekend...pics below. That's the weekend in a nutshell...more tomorrow!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love LOVE the layout with your sons and Chris. Did you sue a filter on the photo... I esp like that.
And you must must(am I repeating myself today?)get the cookbook, Cupcakes from the Cake Mix Doctor (something like that) you will be baking all the time. (Baking with cheats, like fancy photshop filters...)

Monday, July 10, 2006 7:17:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey there,

seeing as I was on the computer with you half the time you were doing this stuff, I read it and thought, "Yeah, that was fun." sigh.

Monday, July 10, 2006 7:41:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home