Mellykat's Blog!

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

I Lost Over a Pound in Five Minutes - Lying Down!

This evening I went for my 26th blood donation! Woohoo! They gave me a little pin for reaching the '25' mark from last time. It's been a while since I've been eligible to donate on account of my baby making and all. They won't let you give while you're pregnant, or until after 6 months postpartum. I think I donated maybe only once in between having Carter and Cooper so now I'm back at it again. I walked over to the high school where the clinic was being held and brought Cooper in the stroller. The nurses oohed and ahhed over him and took turns carrying him around while I was giving blood. He was a little sweetie there.

While I was there, I signed up for the bone marrow registry. One of the girls I'm on the Butternug Squash Designs Creative Team with has a little girl a bit younger than Carter who was just diagnosed with Leukemia. She is undergoing so many treatments and her parents are living at the hospital. My friend Kelly had mentioned signing up for the bone marrow registry when we were out for a walk recently. I was already interested, especially after finding out about Corinne; it was something I just really want to do.

Right when I finished and was headed for the donut table, Chris and Carter arrived. I had my drink and two cookies (the pound i "lost" in the blood donation was quickly regained) and we all went to Dairy Queen for ice cream cones and a cruise around town before coming home.

Today was a lazy daisy day. We didn't go outside - it was way hot out. We stayed in and played cars and made forts and did puzzles. There was a narrow window of time where both boys napped so I got to really play on the computer! I did a couple layouts, but the ones for the creative team I can't post until tomorrow...I made this one from scratch. This is a layout of two of my aunts out camping on Canada Day. They are a real hoot.





I had a really exciting day since I posted that freebie last night. At this moment I have had almost 400 hits here since about 1:30 this morning. How fun is that!? I hope someday to see the alpha that I made on someone's layout in a gallery somewhere. That would be so cool.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

okay girl go check it out
http://www.scrapbook-bytes.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=177096

and
http://20birds.net/art/950baby-minni.jpg

Wednesday, July 12, 2006 11:51:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're the bomb, my friend!

Wednesday, July 12, 2006 1:56:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home