Mellykat's Blog!

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Be Prepared for Gale-Force Winds...I'm Gonna Be Windy

No, I don't mean I have gas. I have a LOT to say today. Okay. So to me it's Friday night but I got home late from grocery shopping and didn't hit the computer until after midnight. So pretend the date still says Friday, July 14th okay? And I haven't blogged for a couple days so I've really got a lot to say.

Yesterday we had a regular morning then my sister needed me to watch her two boys and her 2 foster girls. So I had SIX kids for a couple hours yesterday afternoon! It was pretty good because they are much older than my boys. So they pretty much look after themselves. But Carter gets so hyperactive when they're around and shuts off any listening ability that he has when they're here! I went and dug out the wacky ducky sprinkler to attach to the garden hose outside. All the kids went outside to run through the sprinkler. I took a few pictures that I will also add to the end of this blog entry (if it ever ends).

A while after they all left, Chris came home from work and in my laziness I went to get McDonald's for supper. I haven't had a Big Mac in ages! One of Chris's friends from work was over to visit for most of the evening.

We set up the crib for Cooper last night. The cradle has just become too small. We only used the cradle for Carter until he was 2 months old, but he has his own room so it was no biggie to switch right away. But Cooper rooms in with us so I was saving space and the effort of setting up the crib for as long as possible. It was SO hot in here last night, even with our air conditioner and a fan. It was still 25ºC and felt even hotter with the humidex. But we got it done. Chris helped me put it together. In the meantime Cooper was asleep in his bouncy chair. I was tired, but of course I stayed up until he woke up. I fed him and put him in his "new bed".

Lately Carter is really becoming more affectionate...not just to Chris and me but a little more to Cooper now too. He can be such a sweetheart. (Or a little turkey!) But it is always interesting! And OMG he is getting so flippin' smart! He is perfectly fluent and I swear the kid can read... definitely some words anyway. He knows his name when he sees it, Cooper's, mine, Chris's, my mom's and the words CAT and DOG. Not to mention he has been typing his whole name as his computer password for a few months now. Whoa. And he rarely gets any of the letters of the alphabet wrong. He blows my mind more and more every day.

Okay. Now for today...had the usual type of night last night. Up a few times then got to sleep in a little this morning. We played, drew pictures, identified letters, played cars and blocks, etc. There was a brief period this afternoon where both boys were napping, and silly me...I didn't nap. But sleeping in a bit this morning helped so I wasn't too tired. I was surfing the net for new blog and scrapbook ideas and chatting with Angie...currently there is no one that I talk to more! It's been so fun getting to know her...that will bring me to a blog subject but I think it will go on a separate entry after I finish today's stuff...stay tuned.

Chris came home from work and went to pick up his boat trailer to lend to his buddy. He came home and took Carter for a walk in the wagon. Yes, my husband took my son for a walk. This is unheard of on any regular basis. I was suitably impressed! I got ready and took Cooper grocery shopping.

By the time I went to the video store it was after 9:30 so Extra Foods was already closed. I knew Wal-Mart would be open until 10:00 so I went there. And I power-shopped! I got almost everything on my list except for fresh meat. Diapers, wipes, cleaning stuff, any grocery stuff I could get, I got. So I closed down Wal-Mart. Cooper was a pretty happy shopper so I figured I'd attempt Safeway too since they're open until 11:00. So I had about 45 minutes, and again...I power-shopped. We have FOOD in the house!!! Yay! I mean, we've never run OUT of food, but it's so nice to have some yummy choices! So I also closed down Safeway.

By 11:15 I was home and had a lot of work to do putting away all the food. Carter was snoozing in the living room but as soon as he saw all the groceries coming in he quickly got up. He gets so excited when I go grocery shopping. He had salami, a rice krispie square, a cookie, and some crackers; probably more than he's eaten all day, just because it was new stuff! For once I even bought the value packs of chicken breasts and went all "Martha" and spent the extra effort to separate them into little ziploc baggies before freezing them. My friend Diane's been trying to get me to do that forever!

So at last I got to get on the computer. I read my email, visited the Butternug forum to see who was around and read the new posts, had and am still having a chat with Angie, and finally got the blog going. Whew!






4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, I can't believe I beat Beth to a comment here! : ) I don't think that has ever happened. . and probably won't happen again.

Girl - you amaze me. Am looking very forward to what tomorrow's blog entry has to say.

What are we going to do when one of us goes on vacation? Shriek! Let's not think about it now!

Saturday, July 15, 2006 1:21:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Melly! You make me tired just reading about your day! Glad to hear you guys are making the best of this very hot weather we are having!

Saturday, July 15, 2006 8:54:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

huh!!! i was writing my own blog post, which i am behind on ... I'll be back on game from now on, reading this hot blog at the crack of dawn, only Melany does blog posts in the wee hours with babe on breast... wanted to say... great job on your new header... i like it alot

Saturday, July 15, 2006 9:14:00 a.m.  
Blogger Helen said...

Not windy Melayn - a breath of fresh air like we originally said!

Saturday, July 15, 2006 10:56:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home