Mellykat's Blog!

Monday, July 17, 2006

Just About The Whole Fam-Damily

Ahhh. Every day feels like Sunday when Chris is off on vacation! Yesterday (the real Sunday) I took Carter and Cooper to church. They were very good. It was a mass in memoriam of my brother-in-law Nick. It was exactly two years to the day that he passed away.

Cindy and her boys, my parents, aunts and uncles, my boys and I, and Nick's family, including his two sisters from Thunder Bay and their families were all there.

After church we all went for breakfast at the P.I. Chris met up with us there too. After breakfast we came home and I got to have a nap with Cooper. Chris played outside with Carter for a while. I did a little scrapbooking and did this layout using Christy's "Quemadura Del Sol" kit. This picture is of Carter a couple months ago. He was 'photogenerous' that day, but only with a goofy expression on his face. It was a fun layout to make with his funny face in front of me the whole time.



We had supper then Chris went to help Greg put the forms in for rebuilding his deck for a couple hours. The new gallery at BSD went live, and I stayed up really late chatting with Angie and posting all my layouts to the new gallery. Each creative team member has her own gallery spot. Here's mine...Very exciting!

We all got up this morning and had breakfast. We got ready and went out to Mom & Dad's house. My aunt Nancy and cousin Christine and her kids arrived today from Brampton. Ethan is being baptized in Dryden on Sunday. He's just nine days older than Cooper so it's cool to get our babies together. We rarely see them except for weddings and funerals and the like, so we make the most of all our visits with them. Uncle Len and cousin Frank and Christine's husband Keith will arrive on the weekend.

My mom has four sisters and all 5 girls including Mom will be here this weekend, and all of their kids and grandkids except for my cousins Kelly and Jason in Calgary. I wish they could be here too but this is about as close as we can get to having the whole family together anymore. Marnie & Sean & kids will be here from California, Roberta & Derek & kids will be here from Calgary, Christine & Keith & kids from Brampton, Uncle Len, Auntie Nancy and Frank from Brampton. And all of us Dryden ones'll be here. No matter how far away everyone goes, Dryden is still the centre of the universe for this family and our home base.

It was a beautiful day today and we had a great visit. Cindy & family came out to Mom & Dad's as well as Uncle Cliff & Auntie Lurdes. We had an amazing roast beef dinner à la Mom with all the trimmings...creamy, light-as-a-cloud mashed potatoes and gravy, fresh snap peas, salad, fresh rolls...mmmmmm.

We came home and Chris used the pressure washer to clean the new-to-us climbing cube that Dad delivered today. Carter was outside with him. After a while I took Cooper outside to inspect the new toy and Chris asked me if Carter was with me. I said, "Are you kidding me?" We split up and went in opposing directions around the house and garage. I went inside to make sure he didn't go in by himself and to his room. Nope. I'm sure I would have heard him come in. While I was looking inside, Chris found him in the Jeep. He got in all by himself. Chris could hear the locks clicking and found him. Jeez. Major adrenaline rush. Usually we keep the Jeep locked in there but it wasn't since we had just gotten home and there was still stuff to bring in the house. All the Groveses are 'present and accounted for'. Whew.

Now Chris and Carter are playing the "Cars" game on the PS2 and I'm trying to wrangle a gassy baby. Gotta go!

3 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

New gallery looks super. Sounds like you also had a great family day. However when you lose sight of your kids doesn't your heart just jump up to your mouth - a horrible feeling. Glad all present and accounted for in the end. Best wishes, Helen

Tuesday, July 18, 2006 1:32:00 a.m.  
Blogger Helen said...

ps. just a bit excited to beat everyone onto Melany's community forum - seeing as that seems to be the going challenge. Maybe this time difference thing does have its advantages - hehehe!

Tuesday, July 18, 2006 3:29:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Helen! You rock! When I saw "2" comments, I was sure that Beth had beaten us. . .again!

Melany, as always, your blog makes me feel like I'm there. And, I wish I was.

Gotta go rescue a fussy - not gassy - baby, too!

Love you!

Tuesday, July 18, 2006 4:01:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home