Mellykat's Blog!

Monday, July 24, 2006

Sons O' Beaches!

Ahhhhhhhh. What a glorious day. I was up quite early with Cooper and the little turkey would NOT go back to bed. So by the time Chris and Carter got up I was already exhausted. Chris played Mr. Awesome Hubby and let me go back to sleep. I slept for over an hour. Cooper played happily while I slept a blissful sleep.

After I got up we decided to go to the beach. We got all our stuff together and picked up some lunchmeat and snacks and headed out to Blue Lake. My cousin Mike and his family were there camping so we went to visit. We parked near the beach and I walked down to look for them and found them right away. We got a perfect parking spot right next to their campsite which was just across the main road from the beach.

I had slathered the kids with sunscreen before we even left home so they were good to go when we got there. I took a zillion great pictures and movies. We stayed down at the beach at least three hours. Both of my sons love the beach! Cooper loves the water and floated around in his little boat. He also seemed to take great pleasure in grabbing handfuls of sand and trying to eat it. He definitely had a few tastes of it anyway. I had a regular diaper on him when we got there which filled up quite quickly like the Hindenburg but with water. Then I took off the diaper and just had him in shorts. That must have felt good to go commando when he's so used to having a diaper on! I'll probably be finding sand in all his little nooks and crannies for a couple days! He took a nap and I put him in his little tent. That thing rocks. Chris and Carter had a blast and Chris was chucking Carter up in the air and splashing him down in the water. Carter was running and splashing and crawling around in the water like a pro. We had snacks and a great visit down at the beach.

Mike & Monique asked us to stay for supper. I had brought hotdogs and buns just in case, but they fed them to the kids and fed us steak and rice and potato salad instead! Mmmm. After supper Monique and Oliver and Trey made some really awesome s'mores. She used these cookies that have a chocolate coating on one side, so all you need to do is put the cooked marshmallow in between and it's an instant s'more. No fuss, no muss. Just awesome.

We hung out and sat around the campfire for a few hours (I also must mention the fantastic awesome cappucinos we had complete with whipped cream. Now that's camping! heehee) Then Carter lost steam and wanted to come home. We totally could have stayed. Mike and Monique had enough gear and a spare tent we could have stayed in, but we weren't totally prepared to stay the night. But we might just go back and visit again this week, if this fantastic weather holds up.

We came home around 11:30 and both boys were sound asleep. It was an awesome day. With all that fresh air I'm sure I'll be able to head straight to sleep. Here are a few 'fotos and flix' of the day...

















5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

first so jealous...about the beach... and water... has anyone ever mentioned this an extremely hot country? (a secret... canadian tire is sending me an a/c this week...)
second... i know you are new to s'mores... but i dont think this cheat version counts... i dont know... i have been thinking about this for a some many minutes now (a texas expression)...

Tuesday, July 25, 2006 8:58:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know the s'mores thing was kind of a cheat but it worked! The chocolate melted perfectly since it was a thin layer on the cookie. You might just want to try it!!!

Melany :)

Tuesday, July 25, 2006 11:50:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How fun! I love your video clips Melly, didn't know you could do that. Hmmmm? Always fun reading. I so miss the beach.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006 4:50:00 p.m.  
Blogger Helen said...

Great Blog! Very jealous here in cold downunder! I cant wait for summer! Love the photos and clips - great work (I keep going to call you "Mel" (aussies love to abbreviate everything!!) but I know you hate it - might have to settle for Melly if that's okay!

ps. have no idea what the others are talking about!

Tuesday, July 25, 2006 8:46:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what fun. . I'm just sad that it's taken me two days to get caught up and read your blog. Love the pics. Love the videos.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006 3:33:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home